1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pelicans @ Rockets 3/24/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

FIXED

2. GimmeDaRock

GimmeDaRock Contributing Member

Amen...

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

This year's team has a star guard at both positions at all times, when they are fit. This has helped us win more regular season games. The 93-94 team was much stronger in the front court, but weaker at the guard spots.
    Cassell was underrated though.

I hope we will win a 3rd Championship this season. It's possible if we believe in ourselves against teams that are a hard matchup for us, and if we don't take anyone lightly. We have to keep on overachieving to get it done. Hoping for good health, and getting better.

Go Houston Rockets!

hakeem94 and DreamShook like this.
  4. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I think the lesson this game has taught me is this:

Don't grab Eric Gordon's nuts

you'll get blown out

5. saleem

GSW is the front runner when they are completely fit. If we are at our best, in almost every game in the playoffs, we can win. It's a very tall order, but its achievable.

I don't believe that our current team can come back 1-3 down in a playoff series, we can only win if we show up in every playoff game.
    This is my honest opinion, I might be wrong though. I too hope we won't have to go through that. Keep it up Houston Rockets!

6. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Sweeping through playoffs is way better than coming back form down 1-3!;)

7. saleem

Green is so good when he plays smart. JJ was slow, but he was able to contribute. Harden got blocked at the rim. He should hit the floater with his dominant hand. CP should do that too, and also make some layups.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Watching the Pelicans feed of the game and they are already referring to James as league MVP as if the vote has been held and he's already given a speech, I love it!

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

cmon now we have 2 best players on the floor in that series
    we are the favorites

12. saleem

I would rather prefer to be the underdog, that knocks them out. Take one game at a time, one series at a time. Let's hope for the best.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

well curry and durant are proven champions so saying we have the 2 best players is a massive assumption

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

actually durant is proven non-champion.... cause he couldn't do it without curry klay green iggy and kerr plus

durant was never a champion until he surrounded himself with great players and coach now its hardens turn to become a proven champion...given health, zebras non intereference we are a heavy favorites...we have better players and a better team

harden is the best player in nba in last 4 years
    ill give you that cp3 is not as good as durant and curry in general because he cant exert himself too much for the whole year due to his age and health...but if we are talking 2 months of concentrated basketball -playoffs only- he is better than them, he can score, can defend, and can create / pass and is clutch ..he is a doctor of basketball and closest one to Harden

16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was actually joking a bit. Anyway, I was talking about this one game, and never said anything about throwing it away, or sitting starters all during the playoffs. Sometimes are bench can be our best 3 pt shooters when they are hot. Anyway, Golden State beat Utah without their 3 best starters, so we might have won without a couple starters, especially with Rondo out on their team. On a more serious note, yeah, I do agree they should give them less minutes when they can, but keep them playing all the games to stay in sync with each other.

17. saleem

As much as I love seeing Harden and CP3 dominate, this kind of a win is more satisfying. Seeing everyone playing in unison, makes us more dangerous.

I wish to see Chris and Luc back to full fitness soon, but I hope MDA won't rush them in.

Keep up the good work, Houston Rockets!

Stormy1234 likes this.
  18. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

19. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's happening

SF3isBack!! likes this.