1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pelicans @ Rockets 10/17/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

stop trying to be edgy. no way losing 5 preseason games is a good sign. rockets have been through a ton since playing pels in regular season last year. we are a far superior team

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I hope Harden shuts down early Anthony Davis for MVP talk.

3. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

Will be at the Astros game. Need two Houston wins please and thank you.

4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Time to hol it dine!!!! Another boring blowout win

Chanmarr and DonKnock like this.
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Gonna have a daughter today and a Rockets win tomorrow.

Chanmarr, Wommy, cmoak1982 and 17 others like this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

perhaps you have me confused with some of the youngblood attention-seeking posters here?

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

fattz, Chanmarr, Wommy and 7 others like this.
  8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

They will score more than the Texans.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Why spoiler something so poignant?

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Melo is basically saying that by March we will be without Gordon and Tucker (both traded) so he's going to start at some point, lol

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This would be so fun. I'd love to watch all of these media types who called Melo leaving OKC 'addition by subtraction' and said the Rockets got worse for adding him have to eat a crow sandwich. I'm also ready for people to start openly acknowledging that Russell Westbrook makes the players around him worse.

Harden, Oladipo, Sabonis, Kanter, McBuckets, and now we'll see if Melo gets added to the list. But it's getting to be a pretty long and distinguished list of players who have thrived (or in the case of McBuckets at least looked a little better) when moved far away from Westbrook.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Aside from the Rockets generally playing well.....

Absolutely one of my MAIN goals and hopes is Melo does play well so we can stick it to the national media.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Melo ready!

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

MCW ready for his role as "point forward" (with CP & Harden).

This to me is an "Iggy-lite" role if you ask me.

#56 Deuce, Oct 16, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    Chanmarr, Williamson, Vivi and 3 others like this.
  17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

i thought the game was today. pretty bummed out :(

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I support various print and online media with my $ but unfortunately there are limits and the available options can get endless. I keep seeing a lot of intriguing paragraph and a half stuff from this website...can anyone help a Rocket brother out?

don grahamleone likes this.
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I don't have a subscription with them either. I might down the road. BUT.....there are some quotes from that article here. Some good stuff into MCW's mind. Could be a breakout year for him. MDA does a good job giving people confidence and MCW admittedly has had problems in that area.

“Yeah. The first part is believing that you can beat them. Secondly, it’s figuring out how. It’s hard playing their game. I know in the past the Rockets have played similarly in shooting a lot of 3-pointers. You just have to stay locked in for 48 minutes. It’s hard. It’s really hard. They’re a very talented team. They do all the right things to win. You have to give yourself the best shot. I have full confidence that we can play them in seven games and get the better of them.”

Thus, Carter-Williams’ formula for beating the Warriors is both mental and physical—two elements around which he structured his preseason preparation.

Mentally, Carter-Williams hopes that he can lose the personal pressures that may have held him back in past seasons. To be great, he believes in the power of self confidence.

“I’m not trying to go out there and be most improved player,” Carter-Williams told Bijani. “I’m just going out there with a clear head and playing basketball. I’ve worried too much in the past.”

On a physical level, Carter-Williams hopes to improve his “all-around game,” which includes not only his laudable talent for guarding multiple positions (a skill that should fits well into Houston’s switch defense) but also his three-point production.

“I’ve worked on it [shooting three pointers] a lot this summer and I’m excited about it. I’m excited to go out there and shoot open shots with confidence and know that some of them are going in.”

To beat the Warriors—and, of course, everyone else—Carter-Williams likely worked on his three point shots to keep the Rockets at the top of the three-point game. Last season, Houston touted the most three-pointers made per game (15.2).

Heretofore, Carter-Williams’ three-point shot has ranked among the weakest in his repertoire. He is a career 25.0-percent shooter from deep. Improvements to this aspect of his game should help him fit into the Rockets’ offense. Confidence, bred from repetition, is key.

If Carter-Williams proves himself an asset in the team’s depth chart, Houston’s odds to topple Golden State improve that much more.

Vivi, Rashmon, DonKnock and 1 other person like this.
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance