1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pacers @ Rockets 2/27/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 27, 2017.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It's about the trend. If it were as you state, there would be no point in analyzing games. It's no coincidence that those of us worried about the rockets play of late have been apprehensive about these sort of performances. This was just against the pacers, any first round opponent the rockets will face will make mince meat of them if they play like this.

deb4rockets5 likes this.
  2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The Denver Nuggets blew out the Warriors guess they need Bogut or they aren't contenders, lol.
    Can we give you to the Thunder forum?

Richie_Rich and Pen15clubber like this.
  3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The trend is we have the 4th best record during that stretch please dont reply to me with nonsense. Trend is we are on pace to win 50+ games, meanwhile the teams with all the bigs you guys are crying about suck but whatever, lol. Like I said you guys want to cry go ahead, I just enjoy laughing at ya.

4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

My fears came true. No preparation for this game. It's on the players and also on the coaching staff.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I think they chased us off the line pretty well, which is probably part reason for our shockingly high number of midranges -- 9. ;)

NBA stats won't have "distance of defender" stats until tomorrow.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I think we're talking on two different levels here. I won't be condescending, but you are free to believe as choose. I take no pride In being right or analyzing the deficiencies that everybody else sees.

Good night

Os Trigonum likes this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It's on the players and coaching staff?

phew,,,I thought you were going to blame the fans.

yeah, I know you meant we can't say Indiana played great. It's on us. just having fun with your quote.

D-rock likes this.
  9. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

its what defenses are giving him

I told you guys that Miami Heat game tape was going to come back to haunt us. And it goes back to the grizzlies and a few other teams I think. They make everyone on the Rockets drive it in if they can shoot except for Harden. They are trying to make everyone else be the one who creates the play and scores or finds the open man because that is not what they are good at. they are only good at catching and shooting three-pointers because that's all they practice

i did not watch the game but im certain late contests with lengthy defenders caused 10/45

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  10. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I thought they played very good defense on us as well. They're one of those teams that are certainly capable of it. But then I checked the stats on their 3pt defense and it shows them to be tied for 24th in most 3pt field goals allowed per game, they're also middle of the pack in terms of opponent three point percentage.

Maybe that is just an anomaly, or maybe the Rockets were just a step slow tonight. I think MDA chooses the latter of the two.

Htownballer38 and heypartner like this.
  11. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

length

12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

There was time recently (Tracy-Yao-Martin Era) we dominated the East, while losing to the West.

13. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I kind of blame the fans because if they are louder at home then the refs will give them more calls

i caught the last 8 min in the 4th and the tc was dead but that was bc of what happened earlier in tha game. fans need something to cheer about.

and it's not just about the officiating. If the fans are loud then the defense cannot communicate with each other and switch therefore they are all on an island

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Umm you can be condescending as much as you want to be you'll still be wrong while pretending to be analytical. You're looking for reasons to exclaim that the sky is falling when in reality things are pretty damn good for us this year. All those tweets and posts about us shooting badly but not one shows the only stat that matters in that time frame is win %.

15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

This loss is infuriating . I'm also in a bad mood because the place I went to eat tonight took 45 minutes to cook me two tacos .

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Any team is capable of anything on any given night. Like I said before the nuggets blew out the warriors, lol. I wonder if golden state fans were calling steph a non superstar and a fake mvp that night, lol.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  17. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Teams that play defense and play hard, if we don't match the intensity we can lose.

The Rockets are nothing special they are a team of good jumpshooters, but they are not a contending team.

Harden needs to take leadership more seriously, and the team needs to take defense more seriously.....and we need an option B when jumpers are not falling.

DD

19. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

yup pretty much

20. OTMax

OTMax Member

So at what point do you guys take losses like this seriously and see it as a warning for the play-offs, that if guys do not hustle, help each other out on defense, kind of accept they are an offense only team so do not even care to box out, pass carelessly, do not get back in transition and just shoot threes WE will not win anything. I'm afraid Harden and MDA are who they are, a lot of talk, because MDA can complain about no fight and no defense, but they are the coaches. Cannot just say it's on the players. Likewise, Harden can talk about no heart all he wants, but he should be the first to admit he hasn't been exactly leading by example and showing heart lately..after that lead in the 1st, there's no way a contender loses it like this on a regular basis. We have blown so many leads, lost so many games in the 4th because our shooting went cold you would think they would mix it up. We still just jack up threes, and it's really bad considering Lou went 5-10 so that means the rest went 5-35!!! I knew we were going to lose and with CP3 back, the losing streak is starting..

PhiSlamma15 and Purvis2Short like this.