1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 3/20/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 20, 2017.

1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Can we get Westbrook, Lebron and Kawhi faces photoshopped behind him?

vator, hakeem94, ramotadab and 2 others like this.
  2. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

4. Raz

Raz Member

Happy with the win. We rarely see games that come down to the final play this year, so it's good our guys had to deal with that a few weeks before things get real serious and were successful. Harden's game winner is an example why you should not take a timeout in that situation.

5. Remlap

Remlap Member

James goes coast 2 coast FTW and Rockets fans be like

[​IMG]

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I really like that Nuggets team. They are a real interesting up and coming team to watch.

I think I heard last night that Gary Harris is 3rd amongst SGs in eFG% or something like that. His growth has been a bit surprising to me. Jokic of course. Plumlee actually seems like a solid fit.

No Gallinari, no Chandler, Mudiay not growing as hoped, and still a bunch of upside.

Deckard, BigShasta and Remlap like this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They are going to be BEASTLY - I like their overall roster better than ours, more balanced.

DD

8. simon_!

simon_! Member

i know denver is, like, in canada, right?
    but i thoroughly enjoyed this game- i think i ve never watched same game twice in my life.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Besides the fact that they are the 3rd worst defensive team in the NBA, its pretty balanced yeah.

Not just that, Harris is shooting 43% from 3.
    As a 22 year old.
    And with the eventual emergence of Jamal Murray, they won't even need Mudiay. They might join the Warriors as one of the few teams to rebuild with no huge trade without explicitly tanking with how almost all of their best players coming being drafted no higher than 7th overall.

hakeem94 and Pen15clubber like this.
  10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

D-mo and Parsons are ******* scrubs.

Pen15clubber and BigShasta like this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

. . . of course you do . . . .

Rocket River

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not sure why you directed that at me, don't really care that you think that.....and it is in the wrong forum.

I do I think they have a great mix, we have Harden which makes us better, I am speaking of the overall roster, I like their center, and that Harris kid a lot.

DD

13. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Balance doesn't always result into winning in the NBA. NFL probably true. NBA this leads to mediocrity which essentially gives you a team that's good at nothing but being balanced.

Cstyle42, Rodman23 and Pen15clubber like this.
  14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Agreed.

Though I will say, with the upside Denver has, more FAs are likely to look their way versus a team like Brooklyn. Even if they HAD the cap space, no marquee FA would go there.

15. WestendMassive

So apparently Ariza isn't all that impressed with Harden's play - he's seen it all before....

#795 WestendMassive, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    Stormy1234 likes this.
  16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Oh, I think Trevor is impressed. He meant that as a compliment, not a shrug at Harden's play, in my opinion.

touring_low and Stormy1234 like this.
  17. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

18. WestendMassive

Yeah I was being a bit facetious to be honest. Not sure Ariza-era Kobe was as good as Harden has been this year though. I just took a squizz at Basketball Reference and he had a stretch late in the 07-08 season with some super impressive stats but I'm not real sure it was at the level of what James has produced this season.

LATE EDIT: Just realised that 07-08 was Kobe's MVP year. And the Lakers only got 57 wins with a stacked team and an MVP Kobe. If the Rockets sniff that this year I'm not sure how anyone could say Harden isn't MVP.

#798 WestendMassive, Mar 22, 2017
    MrButtocks, Deckard and Pen15clubber like this.
  19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This is pretty homerish. That season was a prime example of Best Player on #1 Seed team.

Plus, that Lakers team was not a stacked team vs the Western Conference. First off, the Gasol trade came mid-season. Bynum was a petulant 20yr old, who only played 35 games, and missed the whole second half of the year and playoffs. And Kobe had them at 31-16 at the time of the trade....vs 42-40 the year prior.

And 57 wins was the #1 record in a very, very stacked Western Conference. Kobe proceeded to destroy the *stacked*, defending champion Spurs in 5 games.

He fully deserved that MVP for being Best Player with Best Record...and not because he had Gasol, but because even with the Gasol trade coming after 47 games into the season, the Lakers overachieved significantly versus their 42-40 season prior.

#799 heypartner, Mar 22, 2017
  20. WestendMassive

I didn't mean to diminish Kobe's accomplishments and say he didn't deserve MVP, I wanted to illustrate that I thought Harden has been just as good, so he deserves to be MVP if voters take history into account.

But this is the era of narratives and the hot-take 24 hour media cycle so who knows if the voters will actually consider precedent when it comes time to fill out their ballot for 2016-17.