1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 3/16/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 14, 2008.

1. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

is gasol playing in this one?

2. BornToBeYaoFan

Gasol injured, will miss at least three games for Lakers

3. jerm2010

jerm2010 Member

Rockets will pull this game out with or without gasol..

I just have a feeling.

But it'll be another close game..

and 4th quarter shootout between T-mac and Kobe

T-mac 45 pts, 10 rbs, 8 asts
    Kobe 40 pts, 5 asts

4. anson-ke

anson-ke Member

even god is in our side

5. theREALDEALkid

no he's out for the whole lakers Road Trip

6. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Allen (Boston) probably won't play wither

7. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

F*** that basketball god BS. Basketball gods would show better sportsmanship than that. I know you guys are joking, but I just don't like this.

I want Gasol to play this Sunday, and I want us to beat their asses into oblivion in spite of it.

Everyone talks about how certain guys have gone out for some of our big games... no one talks about the fact that Yao and Landry have gone out. (And no, I'm not talking about us here at CF). K... just gotta calm myself down, haha. Just need to remind myself that none of the talk by "experts" or fans means anything.

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Given the circumstances, it is a much stronger possibility that Kobe outscores McGrady. Hopefully, he'll have to take 40 shots to get his 40 though. I'd bet on us to win if he does.

9. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

One thing worries me is that the last two games the offense is not so good. we had to rely on Tmac so much. 48 minutes against NO I can understand, against Bobcats? I hope Tmac can catch his breath today, because it looks like another 48 minute for him on Sunday, against Kobe!

The role players really need to step up on offense. Not that I doubt their hearts, it's just no other way around. If we win, I bet Tmac will have 9+ assists and less than 20 shots.

10. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

We about to shut a lot of people up.

11. soupman

soupman Member

We don't want T Mac in a shootout with Kobe. That's exactly what the Lakers will want. We want T Mac getting his points in the flow of the offense. That's team ball. That's winning chemistry. Individual ego destroys team chemistry. And I think T Mac, unlike Kobe, understands that.

12. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Thats what crossed my mind at first, but when I really think about it, its good news. Rox job in the season is to get the highest seed not to impress the media. Any win we can get now can be the determine if we move on to the next round ,cus of home court.

13. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

This is a 2 game swing. The winner of this game virtually gets a 2 game lead on the other. IF we win this game, we have a great shot at finishing ahead of the Lakers in the standing. The Lakers will have to win 2 more games than us in the last 16 games and that's not going to be easy, especially if Gasol is out for a few games

14. mcgrady33090

mcgrady33090 Member

if we beat the lakers then the heading for boston's game is gonna be best of west vs best of east

15. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

16. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

[​IMG]

StreamROLL the Lakers for #22!!!

17. GAY4WHO???

GAY4WHO??? Member

quoted for truth....but what I have noticed is that the offense has gone to **** since the dallas game...that was when tracy started to get hot in NO against the hornets and since then the offense has been throw the ball into mcgrady and everybody get out of the way...rafer hasnt been driving the ball as much since then... scola hasnt been as active, battman has cooled off and laundry has been out...I hope this is just a little funk because I loved the offensive flow that we had the first 5 games YAo was out... we really havent been the same since DAllas :(
    Im I the only one thats noticed this?? or Im I crazy??

18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

you would also see the offensive decline has occurred since landry has been sidelined with the injury. it's not a coincidence.

19. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Our best front court finisher has not been playing since Dallas. Everybody else has been getting the ball and missing.

20. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

[​IMG]

MAKE IT HAPPEN