1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 3/16/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

So Landry is out definitely for the L.A. game?

2. killahflip

killahflip Contributing Member

I've heard Landry is playing Sunday..no online reports to confirm this yet. Anyone have any info?

3. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Damn I'm really excited about this game. Can it be any better? Two best teams in the West, two great teams two teams without their key big guys.

I really hope we won't fall in love with those stupid 3s (like 19 in the 1st half against Charlotte). Our offense needs to be good the whole game cause Lakers are so great.

Of course Shane needs to guard Kobe and I don't have to tell you why. Gotta be good game especially with Tracy and Kobe playing that great basketball.

I hope we can win cause we really can. Come on, 22 !

Go Rockets !

4. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

It's because Lakers fans have been acting overwhelmingly arrogant and presumptuous the past couple of months. After the Gasol acquisition, the prevailing attitude coming out of L.A. was "Why even bother having a playoffs? The Lakers have already won the championship!" But after news that Bynum will probably be out until the playoffs anyway (and will be out of shape and out of sync when he does come back) and now with Gasol's injury, the smugness tends to fade. It hasn't made Lakers fans any less annoying, though. ;)

The Rockets have had to deal with plenty of serious injuries as well--such as losing the best center in basketball--but rather than mope about it like the Lakers, they coped with it and succeeded thanks to their depth and tireless dedication to a team concept. It's been a callback to the early teams of the 90's, and it's really fun and exciting to watch. On any given night, anybody on the roster is the hero. :)

I'm predicting a 4-1 near-sweep next week, starting with home wins over the Lakers and Boston, and the rest of the league finally acknowledging that, yes, the Rockets really are a serious threat to win it all this year.

5. aaronnguyen

aaronnguyen Member

Take to the Max

Take to the Max. T-Mac that is. Let's beat the odd and make even 22 seems to be a good number.

6. flame

flame Member

Keys to the gameļ¼š

1. Share the ball and move
    2. Role players be more assertive
    3. Defense

7. Fang

Fang Rookie

I want a blowout. 110:64 :D yeh..Just dreaming, but we must win

8. Milad

Milad Member

Yes, I live in Sweden and I don't have LP.
    I watch the it on www.rojadirecta.com.

9. monster

monster Member

The basketball gods are smiling on me. I was just given a pair of front row tickets, just inside of the Lakers bench.

Now I'm just trying to put together a few Kobe taunt ideas, or maybe ideas for good signs.

10. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

A another
    B Bryant
    C hoke

A lways
    B bet on
    C lutch!

11. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

The game is on ABC and it is pretty early so we can be sure somebody will stream it. I'll do my best to find it out

12. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Time for Mikarluis Harriscolandry to destroy the Fakers power forwards!

13. jboslett

jboslett Member

Awesome thread.

14. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Guys lets not get to overhyped. Were still an underdog and Kobe can come back at any moment. They have a good team and we will let them be arragont, but for now...lets just relax and let the rockets do what they do best...win

15. g1184

g1184 Member

16. g1184

g1184 Member

if there's anything i've learned watching nba it's that kobe responds well to adversity. if i had to bet between your taunts and kobe, i'd bet on kobe every time. i am genuinely afraid that if you taunt him, he will burn us. maybe you can taunt someone else instead ... like phil jackson ... or farmar about how brooks lit him up in the pac10 too.

17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

^^ that car I wants it

18. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

19. BarkleyHater84

This game is going to be a win-
    Carl Landry returns, hopefully, but if not, Mike Harris will step it up BIG TIME for us. I also see Steve Novak getting some decent minutes when they play Radmonovic.

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member