1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 3/16/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 14, 2008.

1. tracymcgrady001

[​IMG]

Go Rockets! 22 Straight!

2. ibm

ibm Member

sometimes you just have to believe there IS a bball god.

i still remember when the lakers passed the spurs on fisher's 0.4 sec shot and won the 1st game in the finals against the pistons, i was like, "wtf, the lakers are gonna win again? and karl f@cking malone is gonna have a ring?" and then the rest is all history.

3. iku

iku Member

rockets win, rockets win, ROCKETS WIN!!!
    GO ROCKETS!!! (i'm skipping work for this game lol)

4. NWSideRyan

NWSideRyan Member

Can things line up any better for the Rockets?
    First, Dirk misses the Mavs game for a suspension, then West out for the Hornets game...now Gasol injuring an ankle?
    The stars are aligning, Jupiter is in line with Mars and stuff.

Go Rockets, 22 in a row.

5. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I hope Kobe doesnt get too many bs calls. The guy always flails after every little bit of contact these days and complain to the ref.

6. battousai

battousai Member

Good news. Gasol got hurt in the NO game, maybe he won't be available on sunday.

West also hurt in that game, maybe we won't see him too.

7. i hate the mavs

i was reading on one of the lakers forums how this one guy was complaining about the "injury bug" and how they have it the worst in the league... news flash: gasol is not out for the season.... the rockets have it the worst with injuries if anything we have lost both of our superstars at one some point and not to mention the other guys who got hurt like landry and francis... i guess i just wanted to say .. i hate the lakers, GO ROCKETS!

8. TDRox

TDRox Member

If the bball gods were truly on our side then Yao wouldn't have gone out for the season. They must have realized the error of their ways, and this is the way they are making it up to us. But to truly make it up, the gods must guide us all the way to the finals and have us win it all. Amen.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Lol how can you guys say that the Bball God is on our side. Sure we can look at it that way, but has anyone looked at it from the other teams point of view?

The teams we're about to play do not want to lose to us, and the stars do not want to be blamed. I saw gasol's injury, and I swear he faked it. The rocket has launched already, how is a laker gonna stop it?

Its about how far the rocket can last for before the fuel runs out, but everytime down the strech RA refuels the rockets. He just keeps bringing new things up, look at Mike Harris.

The one great thing about RA is that he trusts his rookie.

10. IndonesiaFans

IndonesiaFans Member

With or without Gasol, Lakers surely a loser.. This game really important to show our supremacy.. the real Rockets.. Get Roll Rockets! Eat them up!

11. sxyeah

sxyeah Member

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

This is it. It's either

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n35C0j3LLB0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n35C0j3LLB0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>

or

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A6sJpI9vyog&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A6sJpI9vyog&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>

13. Quiksilver

Quiksilver Member

HAHA, man i would loooove to see the Rockets come out with a win on sunday. that would SO make my day! =)

14. kwng

kwng Member

I hope we will not underestimate Lakers even though they are without Gasol.
    They still have Kobe and Odom which can be dangerous and could take over games. We need to stop Kobe to win. LET'S GO AND GET THE 22ND WIN!!

15. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

16. killahflip

killahflip Contributing Member

does the streak end at 34 (Hakeem's number)? It will be eerie if it did 'cuz it breaks the record..just some food for thought. Anyway, I'll be watching in Dubai at 11:30PM; I'm going to be dragging to work on Monday morning. LOL..oh well....Go ROX!! :D

17. michaelviii

michaelviii Member

Well,according to our rockets' schedule,our oncoming opponents are(starting from 22nd to 34th):
    LA,BOS,@NO,@GSW,@PHX,SAC,MIN,@SA,@SAC,@POR,@SEA,@LAC,SEA
    And that left us four:pHX,@DEN,@UTA,LAC
    Will be very cool for rox to do 34th,but don't you think rox need to have a rest for the playoffs & next season(when YAO is back)?
    BTW is any rockets' player in Olympic teams(excluding YAO)?

18. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

GO ROCKETS!

19. scottlaw

scottlaw Rookie

Any chance the game can be viewed in China??

20. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

The one thing that I am worried about is that if the Rockets happen to tumble then you will hear non-stop from the media about how the Rockets were extremely lucky on the schedule side and how they will do poorly if they make the playoffs. You will see most of the media heads who were on Houston's side switch and those that are not boast about how they were and are correct.

I hope Gasol plays and we win to quite even more of the critics but if that happens a lot of them will probably complain about the Lakers not having Bynum. If Gasol does not play and the Rockets pull into first, then you will hear about Gasol and Bynum not being there. I wish both were there and Houston beat them with both. If one is missing though get ready for the complaints. I think the next game that will and can quite most of the critics is the Boston game. Hopefully the Rockets win vs. the Lakers and then against the Celtics. The next two are big.