1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 12/13/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 12, 2018.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you can tell harden was reading cf and listened to the advices

Killatron 2000 and ramotadab like this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yet we had 5-7 games stretch were we rocked on defense and were ranked 3rd in the nba or something

House Rockets and HP3 like this.
  3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Hard to believe this stat .....

Harden joins Wilt Chamberlain as the only players in history with 50-point games (plural) vs Lakers.

MORE HARDEN

Thursday was Harden's fourth 50-point triple-double, which is the most in NBA history. It's his second game this season with at least 50 points and 10 assists and he joins Wilt Chamberlain (19) as the only players in NBA history to have more than one 50-point game against the Lakers. He scored 51 against them last season.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. macan

macan Member

no they will never give Harden credit. after lebrick retire, they will jump on KD, curry and AD's diick real quick

J Sizzle likes this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

"It's hard to stay in front of Harden . . .. . . " <--- the statement should stop there

The problem is. . .they cannot stay in front of him without putting hands on him
    the whole FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT thing is suppose to keep them from putting hands on him
    so
    WHAT'S THE DAMN PROBLEM!!!

Cause they sure don't have a problem lighting us up with whistles on the other end

Rocket River

Deckard, Tfor3, House Rockets and 4 others like this.
  8. marky :)

marky :) Member

We only shot 5 more fts than the Lakers...

The difference.
    Lakers FT% = 56%
    Rockets FT% = 84%

But you know, because Harden. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9. Zergling

Zergling Member

What a great night. To top it off Dallas loses to the lowly Suns :D

10. Fantasma Negro

LeBron is such a child

Deckard and don grahamleone like this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Believe the Rockets can turn it around after last night?

Max: Yes I do. I don't believe a team goes from what I believe was the best team in the NBA to missing the playoffs in one year because you lose Trevor Ariza & Luc Mbah a Moute. I thought they were important. I thought they'd be worse. I did not think they'd challenge the Warriors this year as a result of those defensive losses. I thought they missed their window but they're not gonna go from maybe best team in the world to missing the playoffs in one year. Jeff Bzdelik is back. Carmelo is not there. That's not coincidental. There's still moves to be made. I say all this with the following caveat: Chris Paul has to be healthy, enough to play at an all-star level. I don't know about the distant future for Chris but if he can stay on the court, he has enough heart to be an all-star player when they need him to be and therefore this team will not miss the playoffs. They'll be one of the better teams in the West by the time this season is done. My brain could not accept they'd go from best to not in the playoffs in one year.

Stephen A.: I appreciate that caveat you threw out there because that means they're not gonna turn it around because you're saying Chris Paul will stay healthy. Good luck with that. I don't believe it. I'm not wishing that ... but health is a concern. They're compromised defensively. I think they're compromised coaching wise. When you struggle under Mike D'Antoni, all of a sudden you see him go 6-deep. That's what he does. He'll run you into the ground. He did it with Kobe. Last night, you had six guys that gave you 29 minutes or so. Outside of that, that's pretty much it. You had the starting five, all of them over 30 minutes. You had Danuel House, he had 29. Everyone else had 16 or less & that was only 2 additional dudes. I don't think that can last. They're compromised defensively. Do they miss the playoffs? No. They will fall considerably off the 65 wins. I do question whether they'll be a top 3 seed. Those are the questions marks that have me thinking they won't turn it around. They'll be an above average team that makes the postseason.

Max, when we're talking turn it around, it makes me think title contenders because that's what they were last year. You're not saying that right?

Max: I don't believe they're a title contender because they captured lightning in a bottle last year and thought that was their window. They blew it. That's over. Stephen A. said not a top 3 seed. I don't know about top 3 but you're talking bottom half and top half of the conference. I believe they're a top 4 seed. Clippers are a mirage in terms of their record right now. Thunder have been playing extremely well & have talent. Everyone else? I like the Rockets in the top 4 by the end of the season. In the Western Conference, if you're in the top 4, you're a good team. Are they turning it around? Yes. I think they're turning it around.

12. SuraGotMadHops

"They blew it"

Man f*** that did the world not see the epic screw job in Game 6!!!????????

House Rockets likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

How much does LeBitch win against the Rockets? Not much.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I seem to remember T-Mac always showing up big against young LeBron.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

What an awesome win. And Harden's performance. And it was on national TV. Great exposure.

Salty Lakers fans? gracious.

Liking the #GreenHouseEffect. Feels like with Eric Gordon starting, it allows Green & House more room to operate in the 2nd unit. They are more aggressive and play with more urgency. (versus perhaps deferring to EG). This is really subtle but I think important.

A big part of House getting minutes ahead of Clark is his ability to "put the ball on the floor and attack the basket." That ability to create his shot is key. Rockets have been needing more of these type of players and not "1 dimensional" stand at the 3pt line shooters.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

From Feigen's game article today. I felt this WAS VERY KEY. Take note of this.

Harden recognized he NEEDED a bit more rest. And took it. That allowed him the extra juice to get off those 3pt shots.

I remember seeing a video shot of House dunking, and the bench up celebrating....and Harden was SITTING. Not that he wasn't excited and happy, but he was concentrating on RESTING knowing he needed that kick later. And further, the BENCH doing their job ALLOWED Harden to rest to be the CLOSER. Bench depth has ripple effects. And this is a prime example.

But even after his flying start, including the slam all over JaVale McGee that he punctuated with a body-builder flex, the time Harden was out of the game might have made what he did down the stretch possible.

“This was one of the first times ever he said, ‘Give me a couple minutes,’ ” Rockets coach Mike D’Antoni said. “That’s great. We need him fresh at the end.”

also

“Man, D-House, he’s so valuable to our team,” Chris Paul said. “He doesn’t do anything to hurt you, plays the right way, plays hard. He’s a big piece to our team right now.”

That allowed Harden to provide the finishing kick the Rockets have lacked.

“It’s very rare that James will take himself out,” Paul said. “We were in a timeout and James told coach, ‘Give me a full minute, give me a full minute or two.’ I think that gave him the quick little breather he needed to finish it.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Capela, wyd?????

20. macan

macan Member

dam the whole internet is hating on Harden and Rockets this morning.
    i kinda enjoy it. love being the villain, the win would be sweeter after pissed those haters