1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 1/8/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 6, 2013.

1. anson-ke

anson-ke Member

It's time for Parsons to stand up and do something big

2. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

It is up the 3 pt rate to dictate how much big the circle can be...

3. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I find it hilarious that they're fighting for a playoff spot.

4. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

I live in Seattle, and the way that whole relocation went down was shady. So I call them the Thieves and will probably continue to do so until Seattle gets a new team. Then I might consider retiring it.

2 people like this.
  5. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Problem is be is in full chucking mode. Sre he made two late shots, but the game was lost in the eriod before that when he was 9-24. Nash outside Mark Price might be the reatest shooting Point of alltime and right up there with Stockton gets only 9 shots.Inept coaching and Kobes ego will snk the titanic.

6. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Besides attacking the rim in transition, I think our most effective play will be the Lin/Harden pick and roll on the weak side. It often results in a layup for Lin and the only defense teams have found for it so far is to switch. In the Lakers' case, that means Nash (if he's on Lin) will be switched onto Harden on the elbow. That's obviously fantastic for us.

Asik's been our main pick setter this season, but I hope we don't expect to him to finish too much against the Lakers' frontline.

7. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

There's a chance Dwight Howard will not play pending the results of an MRI on his re-aggravated shoulder.

That or he's just straight-up ducking Houston...

8. sw847

sw847 Member

as much as you can hate kobe, lakers fans are much much worse lol

i went to lakersground.net and its hilarous!!!

On thread wants MWP and Pau traded for some talented youth. wow...might as well give the western allstar starting lineup to the lakers.

9. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Will Dwight be boo-ed?

10. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Defense: Lin on Kobe and Harden on Nash?

11. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

lol i heard seattle is still butthurt from the whole OKC thing.

i think it turned out to be a good thing. OKC has the most energetic crowd and atmosphere in the NBA

12. sgl_carlos

sgl_carlos Member

Parsons on Kobe, Lin on Nash, Harden on MWP??? :confused:

13. Luca

Luca Member

Kobe was laying so many bricks against Denver today except for the 4th quarter. MWP had a difficult shooting as well.

14. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Game is on fan night, can't wait.

15. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Here is what some of Lakers fans have to say about Rockets and this game:

Just looked at the Rockets record..... they're surprisingly 20-14
    and actually have the 1st ranked offense
    how the hell do they score points like that? I know Harden gets like 30 of them but still average 106 with Asik and Parsons and Lin
    We have Nash/Kobe/Gasol/Dwight and get like 80pts lol

Chandler Parsons, Patrick Patterson and Carlos Delfino are good scorers too

its harden man, the guy is so special on offense.

20-14 is surprising though considering they struggled with chemistry issues like we did. The problem with our team is no one trusts each other and doesn't have any feel for what we're doing. A team of scrubs that feel comfortable around each other could do better than we are.

1. Chemistry. Wins have been coming as guys get more comfy with each other. But they seem to enjoy playing together (bunch of young guys with no real expectations.
    2. Playing to the teams strengths. We have no low post threats so we just run and run.
    3. Harden is getting to the line so much. It really helps when the teams break is off or folks are shooting poorly.
    Lakers seem to be struggling with 1 and 2, even though the talent is 200% better.

what about Royce White aka Mr. emo?
    How dare they called us "a team of scrubs?"

They need an old fashion ass whipping from us.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

laker fans are so full of themselves

17. CatW2Dogs

CatW2Dogs Member

Reverse karma?

18. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

I can care less about what they are saying; they are an old team. If they miss the playoff this year, Dwight probably is going to walk. Even if Dwight decide to stay with the Lakers Paul and Kobe contracts are keep them from rebuild next year.

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

We get people saying "trap game" every time we face a losing team.

I don't think it really applies here anyway since the Lakers are better than their record. There's no real shame in losing to them. They have a positive point differential.

But, playing at home, hopefully we can win.

20. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

I'm not sure if I can still call them a team. Kobe is playing the alpha dog. Dwight is frustrated, heating the up the media again.

"(Chemistry is) something we have to do to get better. We have to play like we like each other. Even if we don't want to be friends off the court, whatever that may be, when we step in between the lines or we step in the locker room or the gym, we have to respect each other and what we bring to the table."
    -- Lakers center Dwight Howard

Their payroll is about two times of the Rockets'.
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...oward-says-los-angeles-lakers-play-each-other