1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Knicks @ Rockets 2/24/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 24, 2020.

1. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

His play is going to be really important in the playoffs

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

And a plagiarist too. How sweet.

You lose the ability to form original thoughts if you are going to regurgitate other people's vomitus.

hakeem94 and Remlap like this.
  3. Remlap

Remlap Member

He's mocking the typo thread title. . . .stay with us! lol

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Another solid win to me it is significant cuz its the first time the Rox won without WB in the 5 out system. Correct me if I'm wrong but the last time we had microball and didnt have WB the Rox got blown out by the freaking Suns. At the time I criticized MDA a lot cuz he should have played Hartenstein and Chandler considering WB isnt playing and Harden just doesnt want to bring the ball up quickly. For the 5 out offense to work the Rox need to bring the pace up cuz they win with more threes than the opponent. The more possessions each team has the bigger the chance Rox wins cuz they take more 3s than the opponent per possession. Conversely if the pace is low and the Rox arent hot they have a bigger chance to lose the game cuz the "3>2" advantage isnt big and rebounding can erase that gap.

Unfortunately Harden STILL doesnt want to run transition offense for some reason, its a good thing the Knicks suck if it was a team like the Celts maybe they lose this game. Other than that though Harden was great, extremely engaged both offensively and defensively maybe he just didnt want to get tired running the break or something.

Kudos to MDA as well I'm def NOT the biggest MDA fan on the board (lol) but even I have to agree MDA has been doing a great job coaching the team through the 5 out offense. He played 11 players this game, 10 of whom saw 10 mins or more. That's like 4-5 games now MDA had pretty good rotation mgt and actually had some adjustments and plays in game. He just need to keep up this level of performance even in the playoffs and you know what he might actually deserve an extension in the offseason.

Rox have become must see tv imo even non fans are tuning in to see what the fuss is about. Games have become so entertaining including the meta game of coaches trying to break the microball code. So far I've seen trap Harden defense, man2man defense, go big, go small and zone all of which have failed to stop microball. Hope the magic lasts all the way to the end but right now I'm just enjoying the ride.

#644 roslolian, Feb 26, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Hiring an unproven NBA coach did wonders
    For the Cavs

Rocket River

D-rock likes this.
  6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL LOF resenting harden's gravity

D-rock likes this.
  7. Remlap

Remlap Member

Wow, Ros.
    Good to see you are coming around that he's not the 'loser' coach that so many have been claiming.
    I've always liked the style that he's brought here. NOW we can run his system in earnest and it's fun to watch.

As for Harden. Yes, he's not high pace Hustle Westbrook. He's got his own style and pace
    and now I believe he's relying more on Russ to push the ball.

But, James is asked to do so much for our team that I don't expect him to go all out on EVERY play.
    For those who have played ball, they know that driving the lane takes a LOT out of you.
    Some wonder, why doesn't he just drive EVERY time?
    My answer to them is "how about you go play a game in an empty stadium and
    your goal is to run to the top of the bleachers and come back down?
    Every time you come all the way to the bottom and then reach the top again, you get a point.
    But, you are being timed, so RUN FULL SPEED EVERY TIME!"

Most of these guys are in such amazing shape that it's easy to think were watching a video game
    instead of real people who can actually tire out. I wish James exerted a little more effort at times,
    but the positives surely outweigh the negatives in what he brings to the team

TimDuncanDonaut and vlaurelio like this.
  8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Only time I would call for an unproven coach to replace a houstonian coach is if the coach is soo bad that anyone can probably make the team better. Ex: BoB.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

2 days off and this is what you get huh.