1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Knicks @ Rockets 11/23/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 22, 2012.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

Knicks are so overrated in the power rankings and standings. They will barely be over .500 by the end of the season.

I think we can win this one since it's at home.

2. rockets137

rockets137 Member

It will be wonderful, if he can start to bounce back from this game, isn't ?
    I have a feeling that everything related with Knicks is good for him, whether you playing for them or against them.

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Something tells me that Lin's going off in this game...

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Lin is going to suck and all of New York will laugh at us.

5. watashi315

watashi315 Member

I have a bad feeling about this one. Could be a blow out

6. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

good hard foul is part of the game as long as it is not a dirty foul like what Kidd did last season.

7. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

This ids Lins last chance to prove us wrong. We want him to play well, but untill he does, the critics will not relent.

8. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Chandler is the most overrated defensive player in the NBA. I hope both Lin & Harden can attack the basket from the get-go, put the Knicks front line in foul trouble. When that happens, the Knicks will have to put their 40+ years old legs in, and the Rockets can just run them out of the gym.

9. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

You don't need NY to laugh at you, you're already laughing at yourself.

10. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

The Knicks' old legs problems won't kick in for a couple more months...

11. muas2010

muas2010 Member

A must win not only for the Rockets as a team, but for Lin and Douglas....Otherwise, Stephen A Smith will be cracking up for the next month.:(

12. mrchuckles

mrchuckles Member

I really don't think this is a must win for the Rockets. This team is what it is ... young. Lin doesn't have to "go-off" either (although that would be nice). He just needs to make progress and get back into a good rhythm.

If he gets benched again in the 4th, so be it. I don't agree with it, but whatever. It hasn't been that many games. Lin has the talent, he is just in a rut. It may take more time to work his way out. I have lots of patience.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

There you have it, folks.

Lin will officially get out of his slump starting tomorrow night.

1 person likes this.
  14. sidestep

sidestep Member

PPat can't handle Melo if Melo is driving and posting up instead of settling for the long 2. Worse still, if Sampson still has the guards doubling down in the post, Melo will kick it out, and there will be an open three in one or two passes. Melo is an excellent passer when he chooses to do so, and he's been passing out of the double team very well this season. Playing inside-out through Melo can be brutal since no PF can match up against Melo. Also, Rox have been giving up a lot of open threes this season, and Knicks have many players who can hit the three. I think the Melo inside-out game will be the biggest weakness of Rox defense. Melo at the 4 can be stopped if you get him in foul trouble -- but Ppat is so pathetic at getting to the FT line that that's just not going to happen.

In the Felton-Chandler PnR, oppoosing teams have mostly packed the paint and given Felton a lot of space, basically daring him to shoot the J, and he's been hitting them. Will be interesting to see how the Rox handle this. I think it comes down more to Asik's defensive play than Lin's -- stopping Felton's penetration off the pick while staying with Chandler. It'll be a tough assignment.

#34 sidestep, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  15. teebone21

teebone21 Member

if ppat plays in the post like he should be , he will get melo in foul trouble. Oh and dont dare felton to shoot jumpers. he is the opposite of Lin this season. He is actually producing like a starting PG should

16. sidestep

sidestep Member

PPat has shot a measly 9 free throws in 11 games. That's just ridiculous for a 4. I don't see him getting the job done. Even the PG, playing as terribly as he has, has shot 32 free throws so far. Just let those numbers settle in.

17. Lihao

Lihao Member

i can see we'll use our PG or SG to help doubling Melo and dare them to shoot three all game. :(

18. catch22

catch22 Member

my heart is telling me rockets wins and lin goes for 20/10
    my mind is telling me rockets lose by 20, lin sucks big time

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

lin has had difficulty with shorter quicker PG's. felton and kidd are the polar opposite of that, and lin will be able to stay in front of them on D and get by them with ease on the offensive end. i don't know if his shot will start falling, but i expect him to fare much better tonite than in the previous few games.

the key matchup imo, is carmelo taking parsons down in the post. chandler giving up a lotta pounds there and could get into foul trouble early.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Lin is having nightmares right now. We will get blownnn out.