1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Kings @ Rockets 12/9/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Texanstradamus

Pathetic loss after a pathetic protest

J Sizzle likes this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

If you "live or die" with Houston sports teams your life will be in shambles. Keep a healthy distance. Enjoy competitive games as entertainment, but don't over identify with those over which you have no control. If I am the owner, manager, coach, or player I am invested. Otherwise, it is all just for fun and when they lose, they lost, not me.

RocketsFido, jeevinesh, rhee and 5 others like this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Pretty much. I enjoyed the game last night. Kings hit two HUGE threes at the end, including obviously the buzzer beater. Entertaining game

solid and rhee like this.
  6. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

I don't wanna see you around here when we win the championship

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Every sport is manipulated, but basketball is manipulated more than all the others. The whistle is completely arbitrary, and like a third of the calls are 50/50 judgment decisions. It's entertainment first, sports second. If Harden wins 50+ games a year, it's because the officials have chosen on some nights to call fouls for him one way, in his favor. If he never wins a championship in his career, that is also because the officials have chosen to call the game differently, during the most critical junctures of the season. And obviously they're not just making choices vicariously; they've been given an edict from on high.

Don't lose sleep over the outcome. I bought my engagement ring last night. Life goes on! Funny how I joined Clutchfans 12 years ago when I was just out of college and uncertain if I would ever make a positive contribution to society. So much changes. Embrace success and performance in your own life; don't let some ****er in the league office in NYC try to bring you down. One day when more Houstonians have power nationally and globally, people will come to regard our city with the respect it truly deserves.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Then it's time for you to leave Clutchfans, I suppose. Farewell, friend. I wish nothing but the best for you. I hope you someday find it acceptable for people to enjoy a good basketball game.

jeevinesh likes this.
  9. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

This is the kind of game that is supposed to devastate a real fan you bimbo

10. shlhl

shlhl Member

Sure save this post for later. It will be sarcastically if somehow Houston miss the playoff but thunder make it. (On the paper, this should never happen)

11. BigBum

BigBum Member

4th quarter defense needs to improve a ton.