1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 4/14/2019 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 11, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

you crossed out superior as if cp3 isn't on another level compared to PB. that's pretty odd.

Not sure how you call point guard a dying position when its probably the deepest in terms of talent and absolutely requires talent there in order to win at the highest level. Unless you mean in terms of a pure point guard who looks to pass first

and as far as shooting, every shooter is inconsistent unless you're a klay/steph type. and even then they have their own off nights from out there. There's a reason why they're considered role players bc their ceiling is much lower and inconsistencies are absolutely part of what you get. You just hope the percentages are respectable at the end of the day when it evens out, and that good nights outweigh the bad ones especially at the right times.

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't care what Bev does. Its that passion, fire, and junkyard dog personality I loved. He won't change that. I miss him. Also, he barely made over 5 million a year here, and was worth every penny. You can't fairly compare him to a guy you pay almost 40 million can you? Come on man

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

....for 47 minutes

6. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

It's up to pj "rolls Royce" Tucker to stop Donovan mitchell.

BeBreezy likes this.
  7. solid

solid Contributing Member

I don't like the Jazz. I never have. They have a "jerk" team and "jerk" fans. I don't like Utah. I don't like their stadium. I don't like anything about them. Yes, I harbor hard feelings from the past. I want the Rockets to ruin their season, especially if Karl Malone or John Stockton are at any of the games.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

The actual conversation

Commodore, BigMaloe, Amel and 4 others like this.
  9. PhiSlammaJamma

This is a series where we have more firepower. The role players won't even need to show up as long as Harden and Paul do their thing. If we lose, this is an upset.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this is also a series where we're at a coaching disadvantage. i'm not too happy about this matchup, we needed an MVP game from CP3 to close them out last year and that's with mitchell going out w/ injury

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

Rockets open as 4/1 favorites vs Utah

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Just heard this on Sirius-XM's NBA channel, in their segment about the playoff matchups...

Justin Termine: So who would have to step up for the Jazz to have a shot at getting past Houston?

Cheryl Miller: Jesus.

:D:D:D

16. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

doesn't justify how often he feeds into this whole "i got wronged by houston" vibes. He's taken every chance to make it known that he wants to beat us, feels under-valued by us, and even will help other teams to beat us!? Why would you support someone who constantly seeks attention for being "fiery" and draymond-lite? Constantly trying to stir his opponents with non-basketball plays to overshadow his limitations on the court?

I'd be fine with him if he weren't so out to get us as if he was done wrong by the Rockets in some terrible way. No one had qualms with him here. We were all wishing he could stay somehow, but he's just so consistent in his rockets hate. It's annoying and imo, unwarranted.

jcf and RocketsFan247 like this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's why the DVR was invented. Time to buckle up and get ready.

Rockets in 5.

jcf likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

But is there a "Jazz are an unlucky franchise" thread on the Jazz board?

Is the Jazz franchise more or less unlucky than the Rockets franchise?

19. MystikArkitect

Jazz, Warriors and Rockets are all mad at how the seedings shaped up.

Denver, SA, Thunder and Blazers all ecstatic to send a sacrificial lamb to the WCF.

The Clippers....they be clippin.

Jontro, Smacktle, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He just doesn't bother me. He fought for us when on our team, and was hurt I am sure when we traded him off. I don't condone the way he projects that rejection and betrayal he probably felt, but I don't hate him for it. Come on though, get realistic, he can't help anyone beat us. LOL.