1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hornets @ Rockets 2/4/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 4, 2020.

1. icewill36

icewill36 Member

its a real shame so many of you talk down on danuel house. he went through a slump so what ? he is young with a lot of potential. i have never given up on him and i believe he will continue to get better. his contract is still a great bargain

JW86, cheke64, Greedydex and 5 others like this.
  2. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Now that the beard has seemingly gotten over his injury, Feb looks like it could be a great month for both him and the Rockets to get back on track. Back-to-back efficient 40 point games with great playmaking...I hope he’ll get the attention he deserves.

Also love seeing the ball zip around the perimeter when other teams try to double James, every game the opponent tries it it seems like our decision-making gets better. We generate so many open threes right now, and as long as the guys are hitting them (which they have been, for the most part) the offense is pretty scary.

Mclemore and House have been great, and even though EGo shot pretty horribly he still gets to the rim at will with all this space...I know a lot of people don’t like the supersmallball lineup but it’s been really fun to watch, for me. Thabo still has great instincts defensively, and he’s been playing way better as of late. I wonder if he’ll be able to keep it up for the rest of the season, if he does then our defense will get another good piece.

Bonus Hartenstein sighting, too! That was fun.

BaselineFade, JW86, hieuytran and 9 others like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

You have said this about every team we've played and we are undefeated with smallball.

Get ready to be a believer soon. :D

hakeem94 and FrontRunner like this.
  4. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

now think if we had love at 5 instead of thabo...i want freaking love.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. PWR

PWR Member

I give props when you ball out. I tease when you CONSISTENTLY play terrible (I'll relax if it's just a slump). I just call it like I see it.

House gets props for these past few games. He's a huge reason why this small ball rotation has worked so far.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

I honestly can’t believe how much I’ve come to love B-GOAT

coming into this season, I’d always viewed McLemore as an absolute scrub of the highest order...man, this dude has actually been very serviceable...B-GOAT, I’m sorry

saleem, hakeem94, Mazulis and 4 others like this.
  7. amaru

amaru Member

Most of that could be due to lack of PT/development. You're right he has no leash.

8. JackLordsHair66

He was great tonight, he's had many bad games though, but his p;lay has picked up the last few games for sure. His issue is consistency he's either consistently either under/over performing which is maddening !!

D-rock likes this.
  9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

thats wjat people dont g3t with my love take. its not about getting a guy thats gonna stop embid giannis ad in the post. those guys gonna score regardless.

the put of love would be to get a guy that stops the sorry as centers that abuse us just by being 7 foot against guys only 6 6.

then also love makes those elite center jave to gaurd outside the pain. leaving wide open lanes

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Love is ridiculous fit and salary is too big.

saleem likes this.
  11. JackLordsHair66

Nah I only said it about Utah and Pels, wait so you are half right lol

D-rock likes this.
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Harden haters cant btch about harden not carryin when he wins, so they complain about his playstyle instead.... goes to show they can btch about anything

saleem and D-rock like this.
  13. amaru

amaru Member

We'd probably be a bottom 1/3 defense if that happened.

saleem, Roomba and D-rock like this.
  14. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I will believe if they can do this against lakers and bucks

D-rock likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tighten your chinstrap and get ready for the ride of your life brother!

amaru and Roomba like this.
  16. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Mclemore's shot is so aesthetically pleasing that I'm always surprised when he misses. And apparently he's been missing A LOT since the start of his career (can't say I watched the games, but I see the numbers) though playing for that era's Sacramento team can't have helped his development or confidence.

With his athleticism and shot I can see why there were comparisons between him and Ray Allen when he was in college...those predictions haven't really come to fruition but I think the Rockets have helped him find his mojo again. B-Mac for the 3pt shootout, maybe?? :D

Reeko likes this.
  17. plates300

plates300 Member

Saw the box score and the rockets took 60 three point attempts?! Is that some kind of record?!

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

correct

saleem and JW86 like this.
  19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lol better hope everyone is making their shots. Just dumb. Small ball won't work.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

looks like theirs something to it. and the rockets best lineup was when they went small in prior years. the rockets just never got their wing since ariza. now they're about to