1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hornets @ Rockets 11/5/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 3, 2005.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

not saying i told anyone so, but I knew this Hornets team is not one to roll over for anyone...
    remember, they made the playoffs their first year in N.O., and last year they were all injured...

this year they are playing with gut and inspiration, doing it for new orleans, and the fans of OKC are behind them 100%...

anyways, I remember in Chat during Game 1 I warned those who thought this might be an easy win...

2. YallMean

YallMean Member

Hornets defensive intensity is really good in two games I have seen so far. You can tell they've been practicing hard. This game though would've been won had Rockets not collapsed at the end.

3. vunny1408

vunny1408 Contributing Member

yea, if you asked me to play hardcore basketball for 16 straight minutes, you'd probably have to call an ambulance to take me to hospital.

i also thought JVG shoulda matched up better toward the end of the game. Man, put Swift on PJ Brown for gods sake.

4. BabyClutch

BabyClutch Contributing Member

Just another thing bout the game:

THe new introductions kinda stink. Last yr I had half season tix and was on the 10th row. Anyways during the intros EVERYONE stood up and cheered (even in the bottom bowl). This time no one did and there seemed like no big reason too because the intros didnt really seem like real intros. The game just kinda started.

5. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

It has been obvious for years that Yao cannot guard PJ Brown. The guy simply does not miss. We should have put our PF on Brown (I'd prefer Swift), and let Yao take his chances with West. West showed that he can hit the midrange shot (made 1), but I'd rather him take em than PJ.

6. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

7. mhaow7

mhaow7 Member

8. BabyClutch

BabyClutch Contributing Member

9. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

My observation in this game: Yao is at least a top 5 player in the league if they only play 30 mins each game.

I don't know whether I am praising or dissing Yao here though.

10. El Toro

El Toro Contributing Member

yousendit link

11. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Thanks! Does this have Mason's death valley driver on Yao?

12. empiric

empiric Member

Hey guys,

do you also have poor quality of this highlight video? I don't get it, normally I do not have such problems. Especially to watch this video, I got K-Lite Codec Pack with all codecs and still it's impossible to watch it. Please help.

13. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

If you're talking about the "snow" it's from the original tv feed. We'll just have to live with it for a couple of games on KNWS 51 this year.