1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hornets @ Rockets 11/5/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 3, 2005.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

he had a great game. he played as well as he could. i don't fault him for getting tired late in the game. the problem is if he is going to live up to the hype of being dominant, the next great center, even a first option, he has to find a way to make something! 1/8 is terrible.

2. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

ok.. enough is enough... Wesley is suckin for real. Airballs, balls clanking off the front of the rim, missed assignments.. geez.

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yao couldn't buy a basket in the 4th quarter, but I put most of the blame on Stromile Swift. All those stupid fouls in the 4th put the Hornets in the penalty and kept them in the game so they could make that run at the end. That and he couldn't manage to keep them off the offensive boards.

Wesley sucked too, although he did most of his "damage" in the 3rd quarter.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This team's chemistry is not solid enough to miss it's best player, and Yao was really off in the 4th quarter....he makes just a couple more of those shots, and the Rockets win...

Oh well....Tmac will be back.

DD

PS...Wesley missing that 3 at the buzzer cost me my over bet...

:(

5. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Miami also lost to Milawaukee tonight. I guess that you cannot lose a key player like Shaq or TMac.

6. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

i know we didn't have tmac tonight.....but DAMNIT!!!! this is new orleans!!! i'm starting to feel pretty damn depressed about these next 3 weeks...if guys aren't going to step up and make something happen, we aren't going to win a single game without tmac, that's just the truth. new orleans has 2 players that are any good, paul and smith and they are both in their 1st and 2nd years. this is sad that we can't beat n.o., even without tmac....damn............ :mad:

7. newmemo1

newmemo1 Member

I must be getting old..thought smoothie was YOF.. :)

seriously, tough loss, but what can you do?

8. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

boo wesley booooooooo!

9. fa7999

fa7999 Member

And the Sperm lost to Dallas.

10. rocketjf

rocketjf Member

Yao was not tired, he was scared by the fight, so disrupt his offene.

11. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

JVG should have rested Yao for a few minutes in the 4th so that he is not so tired at the end. It is obvious Yao didn't have the leg to make those jumpers down the stretch. He was missing the basket by quite a bit.

We will be lucky to come out Nov. even.

12. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

someone wake me up when tmac gets back.. I really hope it's a bluff when they say he's gonna be out 3 weeks.

13. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

somebody need to punch that punk Mason

14. ebu

ebu Member

ok, diS Is GEttING Bad...whERE IS SWIFT AT....im EXPECTING WAY MORE then he is givinG US.....i hoPE he jUST STARTING SLOW, Or elSE he's a WASTE.....

15. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

funny the reason Tmac wanted out of Orlando was getting tired to
    be the only star. Do you really think we are a good team without either
    Tmac or Yao?

16. dafatha00

dafatha00 Contributing Member

You've never seen Tmac go 1 for 8?

17. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

regarding swift: i'm beginning to see the problem with that guy. damned athletic but not terribly bright.

18. cmellon

cmellon Member

Aha.... showing up only when we lose.

19. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Yao was seriously exhausted at the end of this game. I can't believe that JVG tried playing him for the end of the 3rd until the end of the game. I mean, we all know Yao has stamina problems. I'd like to think he's improving, but that doesn't mean you play him for 16 straight minutes. Seriously. Yao comes in with 4 minutes to play in the third and then he plays the entire 4th.

JVG should have sat Yao down at the beginning of the 4th, when we were up by 6. Then he could have finished strong instead of losing steam like he did.

20. Gatorfan76

Gatorfan76 Contributing Member

Yao's line was actually pretty good 20 pts. 14 boards and 7 blocks although I agree he could have made a couple more shots in the 4th. Looks like he's going to have to learn real quick on how to be the first option because the supporting cast isn't looking to good..

Wesley 1-7 for 4 pts ?

Stro 2-8 for 7 pts ?

Rafer Alston --2 assists ?