1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hornets @ Rockets 1/19/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 19, 2012.

1. nadman89

nadman89 Member

the hornets were playing the 2nd of a backtoback doesnt matter we had too much rest i guess :p

2. skyline07

skyline07 Member

AHAHAHAHAHA THIS COMMENT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

7 pt 4th quarter.

Rick Adelman is rolling over in his grave.

Rockets scored more pts in the 5 minute overtime than they did in the 12-minute 4th qtr.

4. ak99999

ak99999 Member

sad how mchale can not figure out the starters are tired!

Nobody on the team can drive to the basket???? morey, wake up and fix that!

5. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

WTF Martin

Kmart started 9 of 11 then finished 3/16 for 12/27 on the game. Why does he keep forcing stupid shots, go with what worked in the first half... seriously annoying

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Honestly K-Mart's fast break seemed like a good idea to me at the time because we aren't getting **** in the halfcourt, letting them set up their defense. You could tell he was tired. Da Bear is clutch, love him.

7. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Williams, PPat, Adrien and Budinger combined for 45 minutes and no points...that is beyond pathetic, and what's worse is Chase was put into the 2nd unit to be our best scorer off the bench. his shot isn't falling, his defense is poor and he doesn't create off the dribble.

Pat had no pre-season and i believe he deserves time but the others have no excuse.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Thank god for Sam Dalembert and Courtney Lee in this game.

And that Jason Smith played awesome in the second half. He thoroughly outplayed Scola and Patterson.

9. ak99999

ak99999 Member

Even Idleman would have made changes and he almost never does.

10. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Omg, I managed to catch a bit of the end and a little bit of the OT...............we won?!?

WTF?

How?

11. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I don't get why he still can't properly mix and match bench players and starters so we don't have lineups like that on the floor.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

actually my stream is jumping all over the place. would we have had the last possession?

13. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Because Scola was passing up on shots and we have NO ONE else to score.

14. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

I was expecting more offense/defense switching by the coach in the final moments of both regular and extra time..
    - ex.. on d we could have switched scola and martin for lee and pat... the switch back for the next possesion

15. RayStats34

RayStats34 Member

Mchale sticks with the bench too long in our 4th quaters..He needs to pull them sooner...He always waits to they get all the way back in the game.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Did I miss something.... Williams wasn't even playing?!!

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

Seriously. Martin was getting double teamed constantly in the second half and guys were playing off of Scola begging him to shoot the mid range jumper and he just refused. Lowry just looked tired and out of it. I hope to hear Lowry and Scola were both sick because that game was not like them at ALL.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Game tied. Hornets had the ball. Clutch steal by Martin, Martin missed layup on the break, but Sam was there to slam home the miss. 2 pt lead with 11 second left. Rockets burned foul to give with 7 sec left. Hornets inbounded, Bellinelli J missed. Rockets win, Rockets win.

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

A Martin 1-on-3 fast break is typically a very low-percentage play, and I was like "What the hell are you doing!?" when he was going for it. The only reason it ended up being a good play was because Dalembert ran down the court and saved his butt.

20. Knetk30

Knetk30 Member

I'm just saying Scola, Lowry, Kmart and Salembert played over 40 minutes tonight. Lowry had a day off but he still looked very tired at the end of the game. In all likelihood the Spurs game will be a dogfight. Thankfully the Spurs have a had a brutal schedule as of late so it's not all bad.