1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Heat @ Rockets 11/12/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Screw

Screw Member

my opinion in the poll would be Hardens selfish plays in the last 3mins. That more than anything really hurt us. second would be the bias calls by the ref or Asik not in the game..
    But its okay..It was a great game. and to say the youngest squad in the league can run with the champions, is a great and exciting sign that this team full of underdogs can beat the status quo

2. elieforprez

elieforprez New Member

Let's look at this season as one where we grow players and grow as a team. The most important thing to gain this year is experience. Getting experience in the playoffs would be great, as well. But remember where OKC started. Every team has to start somewhere.

I love the youth of this team and how they're playing incredibly well for their age. Remember OKC when they started out? To be honest, they were ahead of us at their stage (they went 50-32 even in Westbrook's second year) and we're probably one or two players short of their trajectory, but I think last night was incredibly promising (and gave the team great experience).

A couple of observations:
    1. For those writing that Lin's game isn't as a spot-up shooter, they are right. But that doesn't mean he doesn't need to learn how to play without the ball and spot up at times. Harden, for all his talents as a penetrator, is actually a great spot up shooter, too.
    2. Parsons is an incredible deal right now. He needs more arc on his three, but I love his defense. And I'd like to see him put on some more weight.
    3. Asik was a great deal.
    4. I think we need to get Harden the ball in better positions. I like when Lin and Harden are both at the top and they penetrate/play off of each other. I'd like to see more of that.
    5. Patrick Patterson could be that spot-up shooter for us, but I think he needs to get to the line more, too -- last night was his first free throws of the year?!?!

1 person likes this.
  3. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

[​IMG]

4. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

I just told you it took Lowry 5-6 years to get to where he is today and you respond with "Lin must have hit his peak, i don't see anything new in 30 games"

His combine agility/speed numbers were on par or even better than most point guards who are still in the league today. He didnt look slow when he dropped 21-10-7 in Detroit did he?

If this guy can't be anointed a star based on 25 games why is it ok to label him a bust based on 7? Once he gets the green light to become more assertive he'll be fine.

5. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

[​IMG]

6. zdrav

zdrav Member

Lin got the 21-10-7 stat line against Atlanta, but everything you said is spot on.

Lin had 8 FTA against the Hawks, which was how he was able to score so many points. That's the key to his game. He's neither a sharp shooter nor a volume shooter. He's a slasher who is money from the FT line.

7. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

How's that disappointing? Its just respect and the fact that they both are pretty good friends from the Olympics run. Its nothing wrong with players respecting each other. I mean, not everyone is like KG. You should already know that James Harden does not carry that angry tough guy mentality. He's a nice humble person.

8. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

[​IMG]

9. kinein

kinein Member

I'm in awe

10. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

The reason why Sampson didn't use Asik in the 4th Q is...

Asik can't d-up BOSH. BOSH+LBJ was killing us all game long.