1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bucks @ Rockets 1/9/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 8, 2019.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

So what do you think of the Bucks, think they out coached us or you think we were just missing Gordon or CP...or something else.

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Why do the Bucks have by far the best point differential in the league if they aren't extremely good.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean, I know they are good. Im also aware that they have the best net rating, I just wanted hear his opinion. Are you of the opinion that they just have too much talent and coaching to overrcome?

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Great transition team. Hard to beat the Rockets when we make 18 threes. Felt like we lost on points off of TOs, imo, from their length. Yeah, you’d think Paul would help with that. Wasn’t impressed with their set offense much.

fwiw: that’s the 4th time they’ve won shooting less than 30% from three, but they shot way fewer than normal. They’ve only shot 30 or less 6 times now, but are 5-1. What was their transition points total?

5. HP3

HP3 Member

Hmm, NBA.com is being wonky right now but the Espn team stats say they 19 points of of fast break points? They also had like 70 points in the paint to our 24...yuck. They scored 11 points of off our turnovers but we also scored 21 off of theirs.

So lol...idk make of that what you will haha, look forward to whatever analysis you have.

6. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

DOES ANYONE HAVE A VIDEO OF THE DANCE CAM FAN FACE-OFF FROM TONIGHT WITH THE GUY IN THE RED HOODIE AND RED PANTS GETTING ROBBED FROM WINNING AND THEY LET THE GIRL WIN INSTEAD?!!

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It was 21 to 11 bucks pts off of TOs
    19 to 2 fastbreak points Bucks.

Their 70 pitp is on the high end for them, but they score a lot in the paint. I’m sure there is overlap with their transition points. Pts from threes was 54 to 24, rockets....so...

HP3 likes this.
  8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Clark yes.

There was nothing Clark did in the first half which warranted zero minutes in the second.

Ennis, F*ck no.

There was nothing Ennis did which warranted more minutes.

pippendagimp and PeterKingX like this.
  9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I feel like defensively, they are very similar to the Warriors. Which is a problem. But we can do damage.

Offensively they were good but I think they can shoot better and they missed a lot of shots they normally make (especially from 3). I feel like the 5-out they ran was a bit scary for us, but we handled it well.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Ennis played some good D on Giannis when Giannis was in to beat up on the Rockets bench. Stopped him 2 or 3 times. And hit a well timed 3 to push the lead. You guys just hate him.

11. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Bucks defended Harden as well as any team has but I don't think it was a matter of being out-coached; I think it was a matter of being out-sized. Rockets have been amazing since the slow start but if we make a move I hope it's to give Capela and Tucker some help in the paint. Paul and Gordon coming back will be a great help but they're not going to make us taller. Against teams with talented bigs, size matters.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

Eh not really, they just forced a bunch of turnovers and capitalized. Harden played well and they really coudnt stop him. They didnt even outrebound us that much. Paul and Gordon will give us shot creators when Harden goes to the bench or compliment him while hes on the floor. The Bucks are good but judging by tonight they cannot hang with out full roster.

13. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I know I hate him. I stated that.

I just like my defensive players to not put the rest of the team in scramble mode because they can't stay in front of their assignment.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. riko

riko Member

One simple stat was what defined the game 70 to 21 paint points . That was their guards like Brogdan attacking the rim and without Clint (on the bench)we literally had no rim protection whatsoever . Yannis was backing down Tucker and Clint at will in the paint as well. This team needs another big man badly. It’s a shame Brandon Wright broke down because I feel he was a perfect fit.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Delete

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They play as a team, would be even better had Yannis developed a shot.

Budenholzer used to make Jeff Teague and Korver Allstars.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yeah but he also always used to dissappear in the playoffs

18. bmelo

bmelo Member

Shoot midrange

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this was a result of harden abandoning midrange.. he was caught countless times in the paint not knowing if to shoot layup(because bigs were right there at the rim) or pass, mostly making bail out useless passes or turnovers.

They were begging him to shoot midrange, runners and floaters all game long.... if he just hit a couple of them it would have opened up everything
    MIDRANGE IS BETTER THAN TURNOVERS

@Os Trigonum

MIDRANGE HATERS GO AWAY

Also Rivers and Gordon and others need to take a page out of bucks book...always go first for a layup, aggressively, if the layup isnt there only then relie on 3s..this is how basketball is meant to be played...rockets are spamming 3s too much ..its their escapegoat....

Another thing is Rivers is deferring to Harden too much I am starting to hate him for that...attack the rim man.....theres no reason he cant play the way brogdon does.. and i bet you any money if he were to play for bucks he would be playing just like that

bmelo likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He isn't the youngest but his head coach track record puts him at 5-6 years. (49 years old)

He has been an assistant for many years.

Mikey DA is 67 but has coached for decades.

There is still lots of time for Mike Budenholzer to make his mark. Mike and Mike if you will.

[​IMG]

#1280 daywalker02, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    hakeem94 likes this.