1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bucks @ Rockets 1/9/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

They ain't even that good

Rockets win

2. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

We just need to defend the paint well and we'll comfortably win the game.

Killatron 2000 and chadyang like this.
  3. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Off topic but Westbrook doesn’t play as out of control as he did in years past..

4. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

Keys to the game:
    1. Do not double the alphabet. He cannot shoot threes; he is not yet good enough to beat the rockets by himself.
    2. Perimeter defense.
    3. Harden. Harden. Harden.
    4. Role players make the open threes.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This kinda proves your point:
    • Bucks are 4-4 when Giannis scores Harden's 33 PPG average or above.
    • Bucks are 5-2 when Giannis scores less than 20

Smacktle, Vivi and hakeem94 like this.
  6. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Honestly, I really don't like the Clippers. I hate it that they're having this much success. Not sure how their offense is so good. Most of them just irk me.

7. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

You have to look at the clippers and realize that Morey pretty much assembled that team. If you think about it - the players contributing the most are those that Morey either traded or we’re interested in at one point.

Smacktle and hakeem94 like this.
  8. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

They're one of those teams that I'm not quite sure why I'm so irritated by. I hate the Raptors too, but I don't know why.

9. heypartner

The Griffin trade produced three of their current starters and (fwiw) Boban.

Smacktle, BeBreezy and hakeem94 like this.
  10. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Paul Pierce is one of the few former players on tv Barkley also who give harden his due as one of the best player ever.

Chauncey

He’s actually been saying harden is one of the best offensive players ever for a few years now and the most complete offensive player in the league for a while. He knows what’s up.

Jalen rose is coming around also he just doesn’t believe in the rockets as a contender.

On the bucks.

This is the first game all year I have no idea what we have to do to win. I think we will win I just don’t know what it’s gonna take to win.

Against GS I knew it was gonna be Harden being the goat.

Against okc I knew it would come down to grit and toughness. They always play us tough but lose a close game.

Against the nuggets. They just don’t have an answer for MDA and harden. They’ve literally tried everything it just doesn’t work with their personnel.

The bucks have been rolling and their offense is kinda like ours but I just think it’ll be the battle of which mvp candidate can make more threes and I know that’s going to be harden.

I do think Clint and Green have big games 18+ points for both.

Tucker and Harden imo are going to end up guarding G the most imo. I think both can hold their own.

I don’t want Clint in him at all it’ll get him in foul trouble quick and we need him to rebound.

I actually think we win this game in a blowout and then I think media will have to say we’re the 2nd best team at worst to GS because of what we’re doing and that we have beat okc GS Denver and bucks without cp3 and Gordon for every Game but the okc one.

Our record against the best teams is by far better than every team in the league.

Hakeemtheking and hakeem94 like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Time to shift into Titan.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

14. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

MVP matchup. Go rockets

15. basketballholic

No.

But I am highly interested in this game and looking forward to seeing how these Bucks with their big men spreading the floor, and they're 7-foot point guard, attack us and how we defend them. I think we'll get the better of them offensively. But I want to see the defensive end tonight.

BigShasta likes this.
  16. basketballholic

No.

But I am highly interested in this game and looking forward to seeing how these Bucks with their big men spreading the floor, and they're 7-foot point guard, attack us and how we defend them. I think we'll get the better of them offensively. But I want to see the defensive end tonight.

RealRocFan47 likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Milwaukee @ Houston
    Tom Washington (#49)
    Ben Taylor (#46)
    Ray Acosta (#54)

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Im giddy to watch Giannis vs Beard .. should be some fireworks! First we took down the #1 Nuggets, now lets take down the #1 Bucks .. Show 'em how OGs do it!

19. malakas

malakas Member

It should be a good game that both teams will take seriously. Some ideas here imo are very faulty for example putting Capela on Giannis in a single cover its a recipe for fouling him out but just my opinion.
    Anyway may the best win.

20. heypartner

Hey, describe their offense. Is it Budenholzer motion like at Atlanta, or will he let Giannis control the ball is PNR, moreso.

Is he Facing with ball mostly, and do they start him in mid post sometimes like Durant, with back to basket.

malakas and hakeem94 like this.