1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans for wikipedia?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by brantonli24, Oct 28, 2006.

1. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

(don't forget the Styx forum)

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Sections/detail to consider:

1. The BBS -- since it is really the meat-and-potatoes.
    2. SOR.
    3. CF.net's role in breaking stories (Dream's departure, Francis trade, etc) and insiders like Popeye and Doc Rocket.
    4. The love-hate relationship with the Rockets and fight over the clutchcity domain name.
    5. The influx of international posters with the drafting of Yao Ming and, conversely, the role of CF.net in NBA journalism and fandom in China (that one might be hard).
    6. Chucky Brown Fan Club.
    7. Tim's participation at the site and other Rockets' marketing efforts thru the site.
    8. Two Roads Media.
    9. CF.net in the news.
    10. Clutch access to camp.

More, as I think of anything.

3. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

About point 5, i think it is good just to show how many international people are on this board, from all over the world(not just china).

4. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

With Billy on board, Hellas ole!

Texanskan, Southeast Texas!

5. Astroholic

Astroholic Member

ClutchFans on wikipedia was on "Articles for Deletion" last week. I'm not sure if it is now or not..but my guess is no since it has been updated.

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

No it is still up.

7. Lil Pun

Looks like it's back up for deletion. See if you can help.

8. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I bet some whiny Mavs fan nominated clutchfans for deletion, because his sh*tty team doesn't have a fan site as cool as this one...

9. Lil Pun

The deletion log says it is because it doesn't list any outside references so it has been deemed unimportant due to the fact outside sources have not commented, wrote about, or done any other media on the site. I'm sure there has been though. I remember it appearing a couple of magazines, no?

10. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

You could add the SI interview with Clutch and how this is the mother of all basketball forums.

11. Omer

Omer Member

12. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

13. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Looks like somebody needs to start a "Save our Clutchfans Wikipedia entry" site. I tried adding some of the espn and chron article links, but I've never edited a wiki page and when I did the show changes thing, it looked messed up, so somebody with experience please step up.

14. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

15. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I can look at it tonight and see what I can do to make it more "notable".. I have done quite a bit of editing on wikipedia in the past. :)

The layout of the text is what makes it seem like an advertisement. It needs to be cold hard facts listed out more than "what we offer" type of stuff.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

17. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Okay I added some more links and organized it a bit differently. We shall see if anyone takes notice.

There is probably more stuff that could be added, but I am a newbie so I don't know about all the history information that can be added.

Maybe yall can look at it and see if there is anything you want added in.

I see that someone else was going to do something with it earlier, so I hope I didn't step on any toes! :)

It's not like you can't edit over what I did anyway

18. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Sweet...

And just to suggest... perhaps the "clutchfans" wiki could be an external link of Houston? Or the .net page?

Also there need to be a less specific intro paragraph... like

"With the simultaneous rise in popularity and interests in sports and the internet among Americans, the National Basketball League saw a never-before-seen phenomenon take place among the fan base of it's Houston franchise, known as the Rockets. Unable to devote as much individual team attention to the recent back-to-back title winning Rockets as their internet savvy fans deemed necessary, a pioneer of fan designed and hosted sites named David Hardisty set out on a whim of a journey that landed his then-named "clutchcity.com" in the national print media spotlight less than a decade later. In fact it was only _____ years before ESPN... etc."

You get the idea.

It does come off as someone from here selling it to me as is. But a more journalistic approach using the same references may work better.

#58 IROC it, Feb 21, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  19. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Interestingly, one of the places where the article is:

Articles that include images for deletion

The image is one of the clutchfans home page, I'm sure if clutch says it can be used there won't be any more problem.