1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans for wikipedia?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by brantonli24, Oct 28, 2006.

1. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I've searched on wikipedia for ClutchFans, and found that it is never mentioned in Wikipedia, should I or some other Wikipedian on the BBS create an article for this website? I know that this particular forum doesn't get many posts, but I'm hoping for the positive feedback. Thanks!

2. Omer

Omer Member

Yes, it wouldn't hurt to do it.

3. jdrock

jdrock Member

I think that's a very good idea. I believe there was a Sports Illustrated that interviewed Clutch, so you should use that as your source for the Wikipedia entry.

4. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Hmmm, I have some slight difficulty in extracting information about ClutchFans and it's site features (yeah I'm a pretty dumb guy), could someone direct me to a source of information where I get history of ClutchFans, or articles written by Clutch? Thanks :)

5. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Let us know when it's up. I'd like to see what you come up with.

7. camisgirl

camisgirl Member

I use Wikipedia all the time. Remember it can be edited. It can say just about anything. But for the most part I have found it reliable. I edited what I knew was wrong.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Definitely needs a wikipedia entry. Good idea.

9. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

That's a great idea.

10. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

What's next? A myspace.com/ClutchFans account? :rolleyes:

Isn't THE site enough?

(I know they're different types of things, btw... I'm just sayin')

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

GREAT IDEA! I'm working on it now!

;)

12. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Have you seen the commercials with the "myspace.com/chili's" on them or other restaurants and stores?

LAZY! Whatever happened to just googling?

13. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I think the site is enough, but it never hurts to have information out there. Keep in mind that there are STILL people out there who haven't found the site. I talk to folks who are Rockets fans and surf the net and when I mention ClutchFans, I still get a lot of dumb looks like, "What's that?"

The reality is that the web is changing and it's always good to talk up the site in different areas. Just because we are all used to the site and the BBS doesn't mean everyone is.

Hell, I know people who think forums are as antiquated as java applets. If we want the next generation of web users to enjoy ClutchFans like we do, we have to go to them. That's just the nature of the internets.

14. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I have always wanted to start an article on ClutchFans on wikipedia but never have been able to do so because I really don't know where to get the information for the article. If you decide to start one up let me know and I will contribute to it. I love making and editing articles on that website.

15. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Sigh, same here.........I've already started the article for ClutchFans but so far there's only one news article on the web that is not affiliated with ClutchFans.net. Kelly, write more good stuff about CF.net! :)

16. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ClutchFans

Guys, we've got one month to get teh article on ClutchFans to look good and be full of information..............any links to sites not related to ClutchFans but has information about it?

17. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Oh yeah, could any of the Clutch Crew move this thread to the Hangout or possibly the Houston Rockets forum? I know it doesn't have much to do with the latter, but I'm hoping for some more responses. Thanks a lot ;)

18. univac hal

univac hal Contributing Member

They require commentary on ClutchFans from mainstream news sources? I don't think you'll have much luck.. Has the Houston Chronicle made any sort of reference to us before?

A quick Google search reveals plenty of Chinese news sites that draw info from ClutchFans (with credit) - if that's any help. Can't think of any other sources "evidencing notability", though

It'd be great if we could get players/management to comment on ClutchFans in an interview or something. Have any of them done so before? I'm sure at least some of them know this site exists..

19. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Very cool - thanks for doing that guys. As far as mainstream media, ESPN the Magazine has plugged the site twice, and Sports Illustrated wrote an article on the site in 2001.

SI:
    http://www.clutchfans.net/news/612/sports_illustrated_writes_article_on_clutchcitynet/

ESPN:
    http://www.clutchfans.net/news/439/espn_the_magazine_plugs_clutchcitynet/
    http://www.clutchfans.net/news/189/espn_the_magazine_plugs_clutchcity_dot_net/

The Chronicle has mentioned the site a few times that I remember... when we first posted the new uniforms image, when Yao Ming traffic first caused us to lock down to members only and during SaveOurRockets.com. I think there have been some other mentions here and there, but not sure.

20. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

you can definitely add jeff and the saveourrocket stuff to it..that could take up alot of space

also the fact that it used to be called clutchcity and alot of other stuff..

i tried editing it but it seems confusing