1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] FINALLY! Rockets unveil black alternate jersey for 2016-17 season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 15, 2015.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Meh. I'm on the fence. The black unis just remind me of Portland. Not a huge fan of sleeves on any basketball jersey. I'm sure they will eventually grow on me.

2. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

Love the black uniform, can't wait to get my hands on one.

3. tomato

tomato Member

I hope you get your hands on all of them, and your name is Edward Scissorhands.

1 person likes this.
  4. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I ****ing hate sleeves. It's ****ing BASKETBALL. You either wear nothing or something sleeveless.

Keep it ****ing simple, jeez.

5. Mr. Dominant

6. Mr. Dominant

Ughh... I don't like sleeves... but I might accept this one... but IDK.

[​IMG]

7. Mr. Dominant

I absolutely ****ing hate these...

[​IMG]

8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

With the black uniforms, the transformation is complete. We have completely gone to the dark side, as in most hated team in the NBA

9. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Agreed, can we please replace our current "ROCKETS" font with this please! We can still keep the dracula "R" I guess...

10. PJ86

PJ86 Member

I was excited when I saw the thread title and then I saw the photos, what a shame and utter disappointment. Just because fans want black, does not mean they will accept anything. First off: the checkers, ruins it. Secondly, the font of the letter is still the same, thirdly the white of Houston is different from the white of the font, fourthly the ugly red trim with no white line or anything to round it off with, the font of Houston is also not that great. Well done jersey designers, now we look like a freaking soccer and formula 1 team that is about to cross the finish line in last place. Ow and did Dwight Howard turn referee?

Clutch City worn only away is kind of weird, I thought that was for the Houston fans? Why not make those the home jerseys or both..

So we still going to wear the Houston red/gold jerseys this year or not?

11. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Sam Dekker is the new Chandler Parsons

12. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Scratch that, it's gone...just like that, no warning, nothing...:(

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

looks half baked in this

14. MONON

MONON Member

Love the cut of the black jersey. Put the red & silver jerseys in the cut of the black one & we are good to go(tho the silver will take time to grow on me). Hate the chess board. I gave up chess when I no longer could beat my youngest son. :mad::grin:

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Is Howard wearing a back pack?

16. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Hahaha indeed, it's like he's about to pull the cord and a parachute will shoot out of there.

17. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I like the gray ones more than I thought I would.

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Ehhh... color me unimpressed with all of them. How does a team with decent marketing, a good team name and local history trot out new uniforms that not only seem to have little to do with each other (when did black become a team color?) but miss a great opportunity to leverage the past?

The closest they come is the red version... uses the marketing phrase clutch city and championship color combination (red and yellow) then vomits on it with the sleeves.

The gray version uses the silver (?) of the trim of the current unis and the stylized (or hideous, depending on POV) "Rockets", but also has the sleeves and worse, the shoulder band so it looks like the player is wearing an undershirt. Ugly.

The black version starts off well, with a classic cut and the use of the city name on the front. If they used red and yellow, or even red and white, this would be a great uniform. But black? Who are these players, the San Francisco 49ers?

I know, these are alternate uniforms, intended to increased clothing revenues for the team and league. But could they have made a little more effort to tie things together?

19. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Lettering can be red with white borde for better visibility. Don't know if it's too much color in one place though. White letters on black blackground is simple and elegant.

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Black = space

They mentioned it a few times.

Also, the sleeves seem to be required by the NBA