1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] December 15: The Rockets and the Start of NBA Trade Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BimaThug, Dec 15, 2010.

1. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Now, who said anything about Brooks being on the team next year?

2. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

The league, I think, wanted to avoid situations where teams like Portland and Oklahoma City--with a bunch of really good, cheap, young talent on rookie contracts--could sign-and-trade (or sign and then trade later in the year) all of their talent to larger contracts in exchange for All-Star veterans and create "super-teams".

It also helps keep young talent with the franchises that draft/sign them, at least for one more year than they otherwise would be.

It's also a way to level the playing field somewhat for teams smart enough to manage their salary cap wisely.

Just some guesses on my part.

1 person likes this.
  3. parmesh

parmesh Member

I can't wait until this dumb "Trade Scola" bandwagon goes away...it makes me sick. Him and Lowry are going to be way too difficult to deal. And I am completely, completely against dealing either unless we get a REAL superstar (Don't gove me Bosh!).

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Interesting.

Tired of all these rules designed to tie the hands of smart GMs. I've heard Morey say he would prefer a hard cap and no other restrictions, that favors the smart and prepared.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Realistically, trading any one of those contracts would be idiotic. The only real thing the December 15th date opens for Houston is the fact we can acquire a player the was signed this year. Outside of Amar'e or Bosh, I don't really see a trade worth going for, but this isn't news. Lowry and Scola were given the contracts they were given mainly because we intend to keep them.

As is, this team since Aaron Brooks injury has been a .500 team. What annoys the hell out of me, is if we had just a little push in our 0-5 start, and somehow it was the 5-0 start it was supposed to be we would be in the thick of it in the west right now. All in all, this team has potential and we aren't missing that much. The return of Yao and Aaron, coupled with athleticism (from Twill and other possible small trades) and defense will honestly turn this team around.

7. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Very informative and a great piece of work!

Thank you because I actually learned something from this article.

8. co-nan

co-nan Member

I somewhat agree to trade Scola.
    First, his defense is a little bit bad. He is not trying to protect the rebound but seize the rebound, which does no good to team rebound though he has a good stat on rebounds.
    Second, his good stat makes him valuable and we can really get something back trading with him.
    Also, Hill has improved a lot and is still improving. Besides, we have PP54.

9. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

we desperately need AB and Yao back, otherwise, we are just the record say we are

10. Garner

Garner Member

Bima,

When will registration open for your courses in Capology open at the University of Houston?

11. lionaire

lionaire Member

Great article. Very informative!!!

12. delta69er

delta69er Member

I would hate to see either Lowry or Scola get traded away from this team because I love both players and their tenacity on the court (except for Luis's defensive efforts), but I will not question Daryl Morey's agenda. Daryl Morey is playing chess right now, and if Scola and/or Lowry is to be traded, I'll be upset but I won't be one of the dumbasses out there calling for Morey's head.

I believe DM's got the team headed in the right direction and depending on whether yao will last or not, we will see soon which direction that will be. If we must trade one of beloved players, then I'm for it if it makes us better and closer to contention, and I'll try to still love our players that we traded away even though they'll be in a different uniform.
    :)

13. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

Can't wait for these trades to happen if it does ?

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

If Lowry refuses a trade and the Rox end up trading AB instead Lowry can both start and still stay on the team.