1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Day 1: Motiejunas Shines in Summer League Debut (+ video interviews)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Ok, explain this to me (American's only): why is it that you guys think the NBA is more physical than professional basketball in Europe? Webber said it, now this reporter says it though he mentions that's what fans think. Still, I really wonder why. Is it just ignorance or because Americans just believe the NBA is the best competition in the world thus in Europe it must be less on every level??

2. KingHRockets

KingHRockets Member

Most Americans (including myself) don't watch euroleague and so we just have to go by what analysts say...but Euro League is considered a more physical league by European players. So i guess the answer would be ignorance (this includes myself).
    But in all honesty it is hard to take European basketball too seriously when the US Olympic team is blowing teams out by double digit margins. NBA teams have an overall record of 36–7 against Euroleague teams; of course these are preseason games.
    So a combination of ignorance and we think we are badass :cool:

3. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

That sounds about right :) Thanks for honest reply :cool:

4. anesticle

anesticle Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9uHSX7qFTjg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mike Batiste sets an illegal screen by NBA rules, moving his right foot and bumping the Unics player, sometimes the European refs will call it a foul. I can see why Euroleague players will think it's more physical game but it's not true. NBA is more physically demanding and the players are stronger, Joey Dorsey was a key piece in Olympiacos title win because the competition made him look like Karl Malone.

5. LoyalRocket

LoyalRocket Member

Lol

:grin:

6. bbjai

bbjai Member

it is more physical because they get away with more. If they had the same physicality in this league then someone like Dwight would dominate and we all know he doesn't sell jerseys......

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I don't like girls who chew gum.

I thought

8. Sym0™

Sym0™ Member

Motiejunas said himself that scrimmages in training were a lot more physical than his games in Europe. The only analyst i really hear say something about the physicality of euroleague is Mike Fratello, but I feel as though other commentators are more inclined to say that NBA is more physical.

No Homo.

9. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

He definitely knows how to find the rack.

10. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

ISWYDT ;)

Thanks Clutch for posting these post-game interviews and for all the hard work you do to make Clutchfans the best fan-site ever.

Its hard not to get caught up in the excitement when one of these guys goes off during a game and shows flashes of why they were considered 1st round talent. Really looking forward to the next game!

11. conquistador#11

i don't understand this either. On the perimeter, euros, they're basically allowed to body check and give the ol' hand check, which the the nba should bring back btw. In the nba, you can't even breathe on them before the diva is on the line shooting freebies throwing a tantrum. I guess it's because seven footers don't like to post up so I guess it's soft. The nba is pretty much soft. the only teams that can be physical are the ones that the minions allow to be physical. It's sad really.

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

I hate how the game is so guard oriented. Body/hand checking should be back so real men play the game.

13. blackistan

blackistan Member

wasnt really listening to what dmo had to say

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Can you imagine that conversation?

Dream: "Donatas, you spin like this, then back like this, and then you got him."

Donatas: "Yeah, sure, i mean, it's just basketball, you have to. I spin the same in Europe."

Dream: "But you are in the NBA now, players are much quicker, jump higher."

Donatas: "Of course, but I jump high too. It's not the first time I jump. It's basketball. I jump all the time in practice. If you don't want to jump with wolves, go sit with Coach. You can get me water after I dunk on Dwight Howard."

Dream: "Ok, show me."

#94 RV6, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  15. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

What was the footage that was edited out?

16. ejarts

ejarts Member

she's hot. man points for DMo!

17. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

He needs a Twitter account.

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

WOW....liking this kid.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Play too well . . . .you will get traded :D
    Make Orlando think he worth more .. . BOOM he is part of a trade

Rocket River

20. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Team USA has the best players in the world, who cares if one league is more physical than the other.