1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Conspiracy Theories Be Damned – Just Enjoy The Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

It's hard not to have high expectations though. Even if people listened to the media hyping the Rockets to be a top 4 / top 2 / "just hand them the trophy, already" team, everyone knows that the Rockets are supposed to be good.

People are buying into instant gratification, because Boston won a title with their Big 3 the first year, and Miami went to the Finals with their big 3 the first year. The panic is unwarranted, but understandable. We've already lost to the Clippers (a contender) and the Lakers (not a contender).

So one can't have high expectations, and then brush off a loss to a team we're supposed to beat, so easily.

But then again, sitting at 4-2 could be a lot worse than something like 3-3 (Clippers), 2-3 (Memphis), or even 1-3 (Bulls). Imagine if we had one of those records instead. The GARM would be a wasteland.

tl;dr? We suck against teams from Cali. :)

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe we are the Lakers of this year.

BTW, don't you guys remember how it was like when another respected insider talked about TMac's locker room issues?

3. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Picture taken after Howard and Harden yelling at Lin then made fun of him together. ;)

4. Nook

Nook Member

I don't remember it being THIS bad when Yao and T-Mac were here. Then again that was years ago....

5. TuanDinhVu

TuanDinhVu Member

The expectations were so high. We need to be patient. There will be growing pains and a lot of experimenting.

6. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

I think Dwight is still upset Jeremy didn't tweet him when he signed. If they start interacting more on twitter, I think the chemistry will naturally develop. #alleyoops

1 person likes this.
  7. fuzzthetone

fuzzthetone Member

Lin was about to be traded to by Morey then...I guess no one would have the mood to tweet anything!

8. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Patient or not...this is the standard forum crying and complaining after a loss.

This has been happening ALL the time for many years.

Folks should come to expect it after a loss!

Especially after losing in such craptastic fashion =)

9. Gumblin

Gumblin Member

As much as I want lin to be an all-star, and as much as i want Lin to start, I'm also realizing that watching a 6'3 asian guy that can ball is very rare and should enjoyed - whether he meets are expectations or not.

Chill out and try to enjoy.

10. anthony1604

anthony1604 Member

im still pissed about last nights game!!!!!!!!!!

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I'm right there with you...perhaps the difference is Yao never had Yaosanity

12. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

guys. its only a loss. after all, even if Howard misses 9 fts, he still gets paid the same and goes back to driving his Ferraris, baby mamas, and fart jokes

despite harden losing the game for us with his efense (no d) and isoing, he still got "his" and was able to stat pad to make those dumb nba fans think he is a star

despite being a horrible coach, we will still be a winning team and have an "improved" season vs last and Mchale will be making millions

:(

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

" ...I do know that, despite a really disturbing loss to the Lakers Thursday night, the Rockets are 4-2 and a mess on the floor. That indicates to me they have the talent to beat most teams they should (even Miami lost to Philadelphia already) and will struggle to figure out how to win against good teams, at least for now. They are better than we think and worse than we think too. Truly, we don’t know who they are at this point. It’s too early in the season.

If 30 games from now, the defense still looks out of sync and the offense is stagnant, well, I’ll consider the possibility that Howard hates our point guards or that he smiles too much. Maybe I’ll lend some credence to the critics and bend an ear to the conspiracy theorists. For now at least, I’m just going to enjoy watching some basketball."

Amen! Excellent column, Jeff, and on target.

14. YallMean

YallMean Member

Thank you, Jeff for the Sanity! Too many chicken littles in GARM these days.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This whole situation IMO is very similar to the Rocky start the Heat got off to when they first joined up. Do we forget the Spolstra Wade feud? How he almost got fired? How people have constantly been saying Bosh needs to be traded?

The only difference that really concerns me is the fact that the Rox are so lacking of veteran leadership and the fact that the roster is not yet set opens up Dwight n Fegan pining for trades they know Morey could make.

If this team was set with contracts that put them over the Lux tax this wouldn't be an issue. However you have to understand that it's obvious this team needs a few more additions to be finished, and Fegan is power broker who can manufactures trades and try and shove them down the Rox throat. The problem here is Dwight NEEDS to win now and the rest if the team needs YEARS to grow. That IMO is the biggest issue this team has and there is no conspiracy about that fact.

I think as soon as the roster is finally set with the last few deals that need to be made, the rumors and conspiracy theories should settle down. This is just the harsh reality when you sign a guy like Dwight Howard. Add to that the lack of maturity and inconsistency of the players and we are bound for some drama.

1 person likes this.
  16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

That's exactly what I said albeit less eloquently...

17. 1515fuentes

1515fuentes New Member

true words

You hit the nail on the head. Me personally, i don't think the so called Twin Tower set is gonna work. Asik has stone hands, can't run the floor, offers no spacing for Howard & can't finish around the rim. Think it was an experience they thought might work with two 7 footers but unlike Hakeem & Sampson, those two center could shoot outside 10 feet, whereas Howard & Asik can't. They need to either bench Asik & play backup to Howard or trade him for that 4 spot they need so bad. I would be concerned though if they keep both Asik & Howard starting next to each other. We will be seeing the same results against the good teams as we have so far, Lakers notwithstanding. And for the life of me, stop all the TURNOVERS!!!!

1 person likes this.
  18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Good post. I'm chillin. ;)

19. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Nicely said. I think it's natural for us here to go bonkers when things don't go right. That being said, I had high hopes for the "Twin Towers" experiment but it's really hurting the team now, not just because they're spotting teams points in the 1st half, but Harden is having to play 40 plus minutes a game just so they can try and catch up.

20. Champ06

Champ06 Member

........ and Yao is the star and Lin is not. He is only a role player at this time.