1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Chandler Parsons won’t be getting a free pass any longer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Progs

Progs Member

Lol...

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol boo him for what? looking out for his best interest financially for his job..what a shame

3. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

how is he a better 3 point shooter than harden? harden shoots contested ones. if they had a contest of wide open ones that parsons gets, harden would win?

4. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Hate to say it but Morey & company shot themselves in the foot on this one.

5. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

the love affair with Howard is about the only reason I'd consider matching. That or Bosh making it a requirement of his coming. Outside of that - enjoy good but never great Parsons. That contract and Dallas are a match made in heaven. Lot's of bling but not enough zing.

6. SunsRocketsfan

you have 15 million dollars?

7. basketballholic

I subscribe to this theory:

Nothing else makes sense for Morey to not exercise the team option without having a deal set to get a superstar.

Personally, I thought this was very funny:

But.....I really don't think it was Parsons' fault on that play. They weren't supposed to switch.

And this:

just proves that fans react emotionally instead of with basketball logic. I don't give that poll any weight. Those fans aren't considering the bigger picture of what is best for the Rockets in this situation.

Oh...and all the comments about Parsons mugging for the camera with Cuban? Can't you see he's forcing the smile?

Parsons does not want Dallas guys. He wants Houston to match. I believe Morey will. It's the best thing for the team.

8. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

They will call him "Chanler"

9. gah

gah Member

I don't believe it to be that easy because of the player option, which would give the "non-glamorous" team only ONE guaranteed year of Parsons, who can then bolt and join his buddy Howard in New York, as has been their macabre plan all along. :p

10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If Utah was willing to waste---er, spend---the same amount of money on Gordon ("it's pronounced 'Gor-DAWN'") Hayward, who will be matched, maybe they'll be down for a trade for Chandler.

Of course, if we match, he has to agree to any trade until next July, so this might be moot.

12. Snorkin

Snorkin Member

Article is right on point Clutch

1 person likes this.
  13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It may seem petty, but the part that I hate the most about all of this is the damn pictures he took with Cuban. He KNOWS how much Cuban wants to stick it to Morey, and by taking these pictures where he's smiling like a damn fool, he's basically aligning himself with Dallas on this. Maybe the negotiations didn't go like Parsons wanted, but this is the team that drafted you, and gave you a chance to shine (so you could go out and GET that max contract). At least show a little respect to the organization and fans by not taking these smug photos with your dumbass friend and the owner of the Mavericks.

1 person likes this.
  14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I think Parsons wants to step out of the shadow of two stars because he thinks he's one himself.

Morey will probably match with an eye on trading him later (if we get Bosh). He isn't worth the luxury tax.

15. jump shooter

I have a funny suspicion the Rockets match. 3 years may not kill them but what do I know

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

Yes, match then trade him next year for Gogi and Tucker.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Buried the lead.

18. jump shooter

And no ring lol

19. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Clutch already mentioned this. Next year, will he a positive or negative value? We don't know. I for one, thinks he will be negative, with that player's option and the fact he's not worth max. You may be lucky to get just Tucker next year if he shows little improvement or even regresses.

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

He will be a big negative. Batum schooled him in the playoffs and is the benchmark for a double digit million player.