1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Breaking Down the Rockets Playoff Possibilities

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Apr 6, 2019.

1. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Why?

ramotadab likes this.
  2. rockets13champs

Everyone gonna disrespect us Bc we 4 seed. And I don’t wanna play gsw in rd 2 that’s a disservice to the nba community

3. haiti_king

haiti_king Member

Utah is a looot better matchup than OKC

s3ts, today, Hakeemtheking and 7 others like this.
  4. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

I’m pretty sure it’s not being that good if a team, hence the seeding. And being that conferences are really top heavy.

The Rockets are that good and are the top of this leagues heaviness.

Seriously, do you watch other teams around the league? It ASTOUNDS me how good Houston is compared to everyone except TOR/GS/MIL.

Miles better. Offense comes way easier than most. Defense is way more versatile than most.

topfive and Hakeemtheking like this.
  5. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Fkn avoid Thunder at all cost.... so disappointing. If Harden had made that shot we wouldn't have been in this ridiculous state at the moment. Fk fk fk fk fk. Imagine if this was game 3 of the 1st round after going 1-1 or some schit. Fk fk fk fk fk.

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I don't see a reason for Denver to tank against Minnesota, so I'll pencil them in for that win.

Based on that, it's Portland to decide to play Utah or OKC in the first round. OKC is probably a lock for 6th, Milwaukee will be resting starters. I could see Portland wanting to avoid OKC. I don't think they're that afraid to play GSW in the 2nd round since they usually play them well.

I think we'll end up 3rd and playing OKC in the first round.

7. sheb

sheb Member

Agreed, and we play GS while everyone is fresh

ramotadab likes this.
  8. sheb

sheb Member

But the Kings are fighting for a better draft pick
    Both teams will tank lol

9. amaru

amaru Member

Agreed. I'd much rather see Utah than OKC. We have SERIOUS matchup problems with their length.

10. SemisolidSnake

Oh, I know. I'm not going to put this team on par with a Bill Russell led and coached Celtics team in terms of hunger to win.

And I really want to believe in some sort of deju vu Houston Rockets destiny with this team following in the footsteps of the '94-'95 team. Both teams had frustrating seasons marred by injuries and discombobulated by personnel decisions. And both teams clawed their way back on the backs of two future Hall of Famers. But, man, I'm just not sure I can make that leap of faith that James and CP3 and these Rockets are the second coming of Hakeem and Clyde and those Rockets. We shall have to see.

DaDakota likes this.
  11. amaru

amaru Member

MVP wasn't going to happen regardless of the outcome here. But we could have had #2

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Lmao

We handed OKC an easier path to the WCF than our own.

DaDakota likes this.
  13. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Too bad they can’t have them the talent to actually get there— And whovthev**** cares about the WCF? Let’s graduate to wanting the finals please. Being totally healthy against GS gives the best possible chance. You people need to nut up.

topfive likes this.
  14. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Then why watch such a rigged league? Or, is the juicier story line the "Fall from Grace" that the Warriors may suffer. Stay tuned...

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The 4th seed isn't finalized, we are just in the backseat right now. Let's wait till tomorrow.

16. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

We got this...

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. basketballholic

Better hope we get 2 or 3 because Denver would be our easiest series followed closely by the Clippers. Spurs, and Portland. Playing any combination of Utah, OKC, and GS back-to-back could spell doom for us even getting to the Conference Finals.

We have no answer and cannot handle skilled length. Therefore we have no chance against the Warriors and the Thunder and Jazz will give us lotsa trouble if we have to go through them.

DaDakota likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

that doesn't matter. there isn't some imaginary trophy just for saying you got to the wcf. its championship or bust for this team. the rockets will have to go through gs. its only a matter of what round.

ramotadab likes this.
  19. today

today Contributing Member

I'm not mad about being the #4 seed, just mad that everything else went our way and we didn't do our part and win the game. I hate losing to OKC...

Bright side is that we have a better chance of being healthier against GS in round 2 rather than in the WCF, and the Jazz are a good matchup for us in round 1.

Plus we get to hear what ZDog has to say, always enjoy his accidental comic genius.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yep, btw we will probably end up as 3rd seed since i dont think blazers are looking forward to playing OKC in the 1st round and are going to tank tonight to avoid them