1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Aaron Brooks is back with the Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

repped

2. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

let the fun begin!

3. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

@rockbox

I guess you don't appreciate point guard defense. Mchale will not play a lineup of Harden and Brooks, that's like a red carpet for opposition perimeter destruction.

4. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

i'll start. airon bricks just shot us out of the playoffs! :(

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Do want to make a tipjar bet? I'll put my money where my mouth is. It's all for a good cause.

6. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I can see how AB would fit well with Harden in spurts, but I think most of us are overlooking the fact that a Harden who initiates the plays too much is less efficient, more turnover prone, and more iso-condusive. Thus, it is better to have a pure point to relieve Harden of too much playmaking duties, keeping him efficient and dangerous.

7. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

I don't gamble. You can sig me though.

8. rockbox

I think Harden will be plenty efficient when he's playing with Brooks, because help defenders can not sag off of Brooks for any reason. Brooks shoots just as well for from range as he does from up close.

9. raskol

I am curious about a Lin-Brooks backcourt with Lin guarding the 2. He's probably get murdered, but it is interesting. Harden Brooks can be devastating in spurts as well, if he still has what he had in '09 but the one qualm I have is similar to the one that I had with TD. No matter how well he shoots, without a true point at the 1, Harden becomes less efficient and too turnover prone. The Beverley/Brooks backcourt is one that we'll likely see more of in reality. That's a quick tandem right there! Good signing~ Not even surprising what Morey could pull off these days.

10. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Welcome back, AB! But make sure you do not overlook that big guy in the middle, from time to time.

And I still want to start Lowry:)

11. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Nah, most of the hatred directed at Brooks when he was here before stems from how his play negatively impacted Yao's visibility and "stats", not wins and losses

There were some who didn't like Brooks for other reasons, but that was rare....And even more rare were those who liked Brooks but did not care less how the Rockets fared as far as W & L.

12. yunac010

yunac010 Member

So who gets #0?

I hope AB doesn't take minutes away from Beverley.

13. rockbox

Come on homie!! The worst that can happen is you get editing privileges.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Great article as always Clutch. Only thing I'd like to point out though, is that went Brooks left us his value would be around 6-10M a year, and now we're getting him back at 2.5M with a team option for next year.

Hopefully a year in Chinese purgatory and another season on the Kings made him wiser and more mature as well. I disagree with the poster saying Harden+Brooks would never happen due to bad D. If we started Brooks and KM, then we can start Brooks and Harden.

1 person likes this.
  15. rockbox

Actually the negativity came from the Lowry/Brooks debate. Can you imagine how bad this place will get if Brooks eats into Lin's minutes? The Lin fans are already get defensive.

16. raskol

I get what you're saying, but you're completely missing my point. My contention is that as great as a playmaker as I think Harden is (I think he has great vision), he is not a true point guard, therefore, would be more prone to turnovers and iso-ball. It's best when the offense just runs, and Harden picks his spots to take over when he feels like it, and not to overburden him with too much of the ball handling. And when the ball's in AB's hands, he just doesn't have enough court vision, not that he's a chump in that area but.., to have plays created. That's why I actually think Lin is the ideal complement to Harden cuz Lin could take over much of the directing of traffic and generate a high octane offense, while Harden stays fresh for the kill.

17. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Later on sure, but when Brooks first stepped up after the Rafer trade it started right away before Lowry was starting to shine....

I defended Brooks because he was a Rocket, and I trusted the coaches at the time to make the right decision regarding scheme and rotations...

18. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

We only started Brooks and KM because we had no other choice. Once Lowry became a force offensively, Brooks was benched immediately after his injury, since Lowry actually had a defensive game to complement his offense.

19. thedude077

thedude077 Member

LOL Good one.

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Brooks and KM was both exciting and cringeworthy at the same time. i for one loved watching them when they played together no matter how bad the D was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.