1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans 2013 NBA Trade Deadline Countdown Timer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Feb 18, 2013.

1. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Hopefully Morey can shock us wit a big trade, but I dob't think it will happen. I expect a small trade or 2.

2. Orange

Orange Member

Awesome!

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Maybe he could even shock the world?

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

4. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Nice lol

5. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I would prefer a minor trade for picks or someone who could help us for the playoff run while keeping our max salary cap room for this coming off-season. Keep this young core intact for them to develop and build chemistry then we add another franchise type player this summer.

1 person likes this.
  6. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

This summer or next. ;);)

7. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Aldridge would be the only big move I'd pull the trigger on.

The Millsap, J Smith, D12's of the world can be had in free agency.

8. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Aldridge only? No love for me?..

[​IMG]

Two beards are better than one. ;)

9. rocketsmetalspd

IF a big name player can be had on Thursday then pull the trigger. I don't see the reason t wait till the Summer since the team will need to clear roster spots for the players to be signed.

I believe some move will be made Morey is stating nothing big will be done but Morey doesn't play by anyone's rules but his own. He will get someting done on Thursday.

10. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

If we can't pull off the big blockbuster trade, then I would like to see us thin out the PF position a little bit in return for a draft pick.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Morey had a tough time pulling off blockbuster trades in previous years when there was a really urgency to do so. So I really doubt anything major will happen. It takes a lot of work to pull that off, and I feel our FO is taking it kind of easy this deadline.

12. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I don't know if they are taking it easy. They have locked themselves into saving cap room for summer so that obviously limits them, but I expect they are trying very hard to add a draft pick. I do think it is a lot less stressful for them as they aren't working for something big. They are probably players in a lot of deals as potential third team players.

I expect the Rockets to make at least one trade. Two trades would not surprise me if the Rockets have a net gain in cap space. I just don't expect a player of significance to come to Rockets.

13. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

This. The team's main focus is to maintain max cap for this off-season unless something big suddenly becomes available (which is highly unlikely).

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Wait...Morey wants to give the "shocker" ...to the world? Won't his hand get tired?

15. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

I think Morey wants to get one of these guys and will chase them until he lands one. For the next two years if he has to. I think Love is the likely of the two to be traded sooner.

16. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

What makes you think the front office has been taking it easy...???

GMs don't report their every move to the media and the media has had the Rockets in several trade conversations.

And if nothing major happens than that's more than likely because teams aren't ready to trade the guys Morey wants. And Morey is not going to throw money away on players like Smith or Milsap just to satisfy fans.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. HOU_ROCKETS1

HOU_ROCKETS1 Member

19. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Yes, I understand that. There are plenty of deals that can happen that maintain or increase the cap space for next year. The Rockets have plenty of space to receive an expiring contract this year. The Rockets have a couple of expiring contacts that could be traded for a second round pick.

I look at someone like Diop who has a huge expiring deal. Say Chicago wants to trade Hamilton to get under luxury tax. Rockets may not want the 1 million next year on their cap, but Bobcats probably don't mind it. Rockets get Diop and a future first round pick from Chicago. Bobcats get Hamilton, cash, and second rounder. Chicago avoids luxury tax.

1 person likes this.