1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchCity.net Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 11/9/2002

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 7, 2002.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

This is the game where the Rockets will pay tribute to the greatest Rocket ever: Hakeem Olajuwon.

Game Information and Rockets History vs. Warriors
    http://www.clutchcity.net/nextgame.cfm?NextGameID=301

Game Chat Starts At 7:30pm
    http://www.clutchcity.net/chat.cfm

ClutchCity.net Previous Recap: Sonics 104, Rockets 97
    http://www.clutchcity.net/game.cfm?gameID=300

It's tougher to find audio links online since the NBA has cracked down on radio stations playing the games on the web, but if there are good radio links for the game, please let me know and I will post them on the front page.

2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Supposedly everybody is healthy, they've had three days to rest and practice, there's excitement in the air with Hakeem's jersey retirement, and we're playing one of the weaker teams in the conference. I fully expect the Rockets to put on a better performance this game than the previous four. This should be a game that the Rockets use to gain chemistry, confidence, and momentum. The season begins NOW!!!

3. ckrdkjr

ckrdkjr Member

4. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

We have three days rest and we're coming off the best offensive performance of the season, playing one of the poorer teams in the NBA. The timing is perfect for the Rockets to put together a truely underachieving performance.

Warriors - 120
    Rockets - 85

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If there ever is a game the Rockets should win it should be this one.

1) Everyone will be healthy, rested and have THREE days of SOLID practice. Chemistry issues can be worked on and the rust can be shaken off by those coming back.
    2) It is Golden State
    3) It is the night we honor Hakeem. Have to get jacked up for that.

The Rockets have GOT to win this game.

Wouldn't it be great on the night we honor Hakeem if Yao Ming had a breakout night?

Chris

6. ElVenezolano

ElVenezolano Contributing Member

Dam i dont know why but its gona be a tough game Warriors playing pretty good us pretty bad add it up and tough game. Lets hope Steve carries us past the Warriors..

I was thinking if MO came back and added that little girly shot he has that he dont miss thats 15pts more maybe well get better, dam but just thinking of him not knowing how to rebound makes me mad!!

7. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

Warriors....................................................................dead :D

8. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

ElVenezolano:- Please explain what you mean by
    "girly shots" in respect to T Morris.

9. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

He said MO not T-Mo.

Anyways I predict:
    Warriors- 83
    Rockets 91

10. Glyyde

Glyyde Member

lets just hope we won't see anymore bashing thread after this game.....

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

We have some good off time between games over this week. I think the league did that to help the Rockets who would need some rest and practice for Yao.

We better win this one. It's early, but you gotta beat the lesser teams.

After this game, we get Mo-T.

12. HoRockets

HoRockets Member

This is not a should win game, but a must win game. Otherwise, all excuses we ever made/heard about the Rox till now won't fly anymore.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think the Rockets got another good lesson from the Seattle game.

Rockets 95
    Warriors 78

DaDakota

14. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Any matchup thoughts?

Steve should go crazy. Triple double?
    Griff v Jamison interesting.
    Will Yao step up v big slow hulks? Seems like a good chance to show his moves, shot.

Warriors also play very poor perimeter d. Would like to see Rice get some shots. Mobes could get good shots, instead of dribble dribble dribble, jack, if he moves. Even better, he can drive, IF he gets the ball with 7 sec or more left.

Will watch with interest.

15. tommycatluvsme

Yao Ming 0 pts, 3 rebounds, 4 fouls, 3 turnovers.

16. sonique15

sonique15 Contributing Member

The Rocks need this win, I dont think the rockets or rudy now wuts goin on w/ em. The rocks need to win these games against the poorer teams in the nba, so i think they'll come out to play. Watch j-rich and jamison go crazy though. Atawn vs. Eddie will be a nice matchup to watch. This is gonna be an excitin game! Lotta runnin an gunnin!

Rocks 96
    Warriors 91

17. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

14 pts, 7 boards, 3 blocks, 2 assists, 3 fouls, 1 steal.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Last year Golden State had a ball movement offense from what I saw in our games with them (why watch them otherwise...hehe). imo, it was the perfect example of how ineffective a poorly run ball movement offense can be.

I'm going to look for that. I'm going to watch GS off the ball to see their movement, and see if it is helping them accomplish anything. Not to say they should switch to a different offense, but as an example of why offensive schemes are not the end all.

btw pasox2: why do you think Jamison and Griffin will be guarding each other? Hawkins will likely be on Jamison.

Keep an eye on Jason Richardson....star in the making.

19. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

The Warriors have a solid young team, but they suck in comparison to the Rox, talent-wise. OT is gonna be another Rocket Killer, watch. Hopefully he just hurts us instead of killing us...I mean, he seemed like a nice guy; not really the type to murder 12 people. But if the Rockets lose, I'm gonna have to join PMS with A-Train. I'll be his Vice President and Senior Marketing Executive.

20. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Warriors.... come out to plaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!