1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

clutch: source says rockets want 1 of 4-5 PG's expected to go lottery

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thacabbage, Jun 13, 2009.

1. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Clutch just twitted this:

"Source says reason Rockets name is in trade rumors for top 10 pick is because they want 1 of the 4-5 PGs expected to go lottery."

Discuss.

2. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I'm satisfied with the Brooks/Lowry combo, so I'm a bit surprised we are so focused on grabbing ANOTHER young PG. I don't really agree with it.

3. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

I would list them in this order: Rubio, Evans, Flynn, Jennings, Teague

with Evans being my personal choice but not sure if he would fit the team.

4. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind getting Jennings. I like the kid, he seems to have matured playing overseas.

5. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

If that's the case, do you think Aaron Brooks is part of a package to get a pick, or is T-Mac on his way out?

We all love AB, but, let's be real. Considering the showcase he put on in the playoffs, his stock cannot be any higher than it is now.

6. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Of course they need to get a better point guard. Brooks is a midget SG that is a6th man material. He's not starting point guard material and he can't handle getting Yao the ball or organizing an offense. Lowry is a 3rd string point guard in the NBA. he has no business being a key player on a team that wants to win a championship.

This forum is in some kind of honeymoon grace period with these guys and just totally overrating them.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I trust in Morey.

8. dreamshake09

dreamshake09 Member

I don't understand the need to go for a point guard. I guess the Roxs werent satisfied with how our PG situation was but I think we need another year of AB. I like how AB/Lowry offer distinct styles. But Morey knows best.

9. engr chris

engr chris Member

We should keep last year's team intact. Too many roster moves/trades will not help the team

10. Stevierebel

I like the two point guards that we have both as players and as people. They are both great guys to chat with. The problem that obviously all of us see is they lack height.

If either one was more consistent on both ends of the court, then it wouldn't be a problem.

IF they get Evans, then they automatically add height to the position and improve the team ability to finish at the basket. Plus Evans could play off the ball and play with the pg we keep in the backcourt at the same time...

11. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Aaron Brooks + Chuck Hayes + Future 1st round pick

for

Spencer Hawes + Ricky Rubio

It would be great because it would give us a really good back up C/PF who can space the floor

I would ONLY do it if we can get Rubio.

12. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

If we get Evans, you know who might be handling the ball then.... :rolleyes:

13. eman

eman Contributing Member

We could use Rubio. I hope we keep Aaron and Kyle. I would not be surprised to see T-Mac, Ron, and Von elsewhere next season, for one reason or another-- but who knows what's up?

14. Stevierebel

#1? He needs to be healthy to play... And I am still under the impression that he has played his last game as a Rocket...

15. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

If we aren't signing Ron Artest, WE BETTER trade him for something now!

16. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

A combo G with size is probably what they want. The backcourt is small.

17. voice

voice Member

rubio=overrated

brandon jennings is the guard we need.

18. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Sac, Minny or GSW could use Aaron Brooks..

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

this is a dumb question, but i think its worth asking....clutch's twitter doesn't specify it's one specific PG they want, the way its worded it sounds like houston would be content getting any of the top 5....that's too broad for Morey i think, but does anyone else see it that way?

I can understand 1 or 2 pgs being upgrades, but 5 in one draft?

20. cavevato

cavevato Member

I guess that means we are not looking for a point guard......or are we???? :confused: