1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutch Community Strikes Out Autism (SUNDAY, 26-APRIL)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roc Paint, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Clutch Community joins forces with Hope for Three for their 2015 Grand Slam Event of the year "Strike Out Autism Family Fun Day" at Constellation Field in Sugar Land, Skeeters Opening Weekend - Sunday, 26-April from 11:00am to 2:00pm (unless you are staying for the game, as each volunteer gets a free event t-shirt and Grassland lawn ticket to the game)! Triple Play MVP and returning RANGELAND ENERGY, steps up to the plate to present the Third Annual Family Fun Day; a wonderful day of smiles, laughter and acceptance for over 100 Fort Bend families living with autism!

Let me know your interest (serious inquiries only) and we will get you registered to be part of the 2015 line-up and serve as a buddy in the Family Fun Area – volunteer times 11:00am – 2:00pm, you are then free to enjoy the game! Buddies will be front and center with the kids -- just being their "bud" and having fun at all the stations until the child's parent(s) arrives before the game. It's a time of bonding and awareness and showing the kids a fun time.

In addition to the incredible game day jersey auction in the concourse (attendees bid on individual player and coaches custom designed jersey’s. Winners “take the shirt off their back” and collect autographed jersey’s on field immediately after the game) … H43 will raffle a Yeti Roadie 20 qt. Cooler (super “ausome”, amazing and cool!) and an iPad Air 32GB! Your name will be placed in the event day drawing and winners announced post game. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE PRESENT TO WIN. Tickets are 1 for $5 – or – $5 for $20. Buy your tickets here: http://www.hopeforthree.org/strike-out-autism-2015/

If you cannot volunteer during these hours, we encourage you to join us for the game. Purchase a stadium seat ticket for game day, April 26, 2015. A portion of each ticket sale ($12 ticket) is donated to Hope For Three to benefit local families. Tickets available for pick up at Constellation Field TICKET OFFICE – Hope For Three WILL CALL TABLE on game day. No waiting in line! Tickets NOW available – don’t delay, get yours today and root-root for the home team! Volunteers may also upgrade their free lawn ticket for a seat in the stands for $12. Game time: 2:00pm Game Day Tickets: $12

We look forward to another successful and exciting event. Thanks, in advance, for your interest and contribution.

Sincerely,
    Roc Paint

1 person likes this.
  2. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Great cause! If I didn't already have another commitment (work), I'd be there.

Good luck!

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Thanks for your interest Svpernaut, we hope to see you in the future.

Looks like we are getting a good response to this event, so if you haven't yet, please try to join us. I wish I could tell everyone that JJ Watt was going to be in attendance. :)

Hi Roc Paint and RocRouge,
    I received your registration as volunteers for Strike Out Autism and your offer to bring some adult volunteers from your group, "Clutch Community." We have been overwhelmed with gratitude in response to volunteers from all sources signing up to help with this event. We have had such positive response in the last few days that we now have a waiting list of volunteers. We will be hosting approximately 100 Austistic families from around the area and have close to 250 volunteers. All of our family's children receive a one-on-one Buddy for a portion of the event and our Volunteer Buddies make up the greatest portion of our needs. As you might expect, with this number of volunteers, we do expect some cancellations, even at the last minute. With that in mind, our Waiting List is crucial to us and usually definitely have to call on some.
    I will be putting you and your group on our Waiting List and will get in touch if the need arises.
    Thank you so much for your consideration and support for our group, Hope for Three, Autism Advocates. You can learn more about our organization at www.hopeforthree.org.

Sincerely,
    Mary Ann Gardner
    Strike Out Committee

4. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

bravo!

1 person likes this.
  5. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Light it blue.

6. Roc Paint