1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutch City Diamond Duel League-Serious Question

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Rocketman95, Mar 19, 2002.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

There's a player I really want to draft, but he's not listed. Is there something we can do if we wanna be sure we can get him, like a claim now, and when the waiver wire is posted, no one can take him other than the team that claims him here?

I think that's only fair.

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

You guys are on sandbox, right?

Players not available in the draft (mainly rookies) will be made available once the season starts. Its a first come first serve deal.

The way to find out who will become available and when is click on the "Commish" link on the left. The Commish will post all the info about a week before it happens. (At least thats the way it used to work at sandbox)

3. BobFinn*

Ok here's what I found in the sandbox forums RM95:

Missing baseball players will not be added before April 4 (first Thursday after season begins), per Sandbox rules that apply to all of its games. They must play a regular season MLB game before they can be added.
    (this includes Kaz. Ishii, Sean Burroughs, and all other rookies not already listed, etc.)

Also note that Ishii needs to actually pitch in a game before he can be added. Since he is currently at best the #3 starter on Dodgers, he is not scheduled to pitch before April 4, so this may further delay his addition to as late as April 11 (but hopefully earlier).

This rule applies because it is required by Sandbox's contract with Major League Baseball.

Any players added on that date (April 4) will be added "on waivers", subject to waiver claims submitted during the 2 1/2 days until early Sunday morning (April 7), when players will clear waivers and be acquired by the bidding team with highest waiver prio rity on that date (a high waiver priority is good for acquiring only ONE player, then you drop to bottom priority until WW is reset).

The first reset of Waiver Wire priorities (in reverse order of standings) will not occur until April 10. That means there will be NO RESET of WW priorities on April 3 before the first batch of player additions.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

That's what I figured Bob, I just thought that maybe we could work something out right now because there is someone I'd definitely take in the draft, maybe the rest of the people would be cool enough to let me claim him.

Of course, the first time I took more than 10 seconds to make my pick, I got blasted, so I doubt it.

5. BobFinn*

Sounds like a tough league. Cut-throat perhaps?;)

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Well, anyone?

7. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

You are kidding ? Right :p

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

No, there's at least one person not available that I would've drafted had I had the chance.

9. DAROckets

10. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

Rocketman95,

You're first on the waiver wire list anyway so what are you worried about?

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Maybe because I don't feel like I should have to waste that position on someone I should've been able to draft in the first place.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Plus, I posted this during the draft and no one in our league even responded.

13. DAROckets

Could you explain why you should get your pick of players without using your priority ? Am I missing something here ?

Come on now..I made one minor comment after major said you went on vacation and didn't know when you would return :rolleyes:

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It's nearly a moot point right now, but I wanted to draft somebody in the real draft that wasn't available. I asked this question <b>DURING</b> the ****ing draft and no one bothered to even respond.

Had people bothered, I'd have taken a player that I knew wasn't going to be drafted as my player that's not listed. But again, no one in this league bothered.

15. DAROckets

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Hell, I'd appreciated that kind of response when I asked the question the first time...at least it would've been a response, albeit an idiotic one.

17. DAROckets

Well I went back through the entire first thread and saw no mention of picking anyone not listed...

I don't know why I'm even bothering to respond to this because the only one being "idiotic" is you.

As far as I can tell you would like to get two of the rookies when they are listed ..thus screwing me out of my 3rd place priority...wtf

18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought about responding when I first read the thread, but perhaps the fact that you were threatening to quit then threatening to intentionally hold up the entire draft out of spite might have dampened my enthusiasm a bit.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Well, sorry I was trying to use intimidation to speed up the never ending draft...didn't really work.

DARO, I wouldn't claim more than one of the rookies out there, there's only one I want. I was kinda hoping to save my waiver space for one of those guys who may bust out the first week of the year.

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

We are quite b****y today, eh? :D Think happy thoughts, peeps. Just be warned that I'm going to kick everyone's ass in this league. :) I am willing to trade Glendon Rusch for Roy Oswalt straight-up. Whoever owns Roy, are you interested? You may never get a better deal!

OH HELL. This is Major. Dammit, stop using my computer, RM95! :mad:

#20 Rocketman95, Mar 25, 2002
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2002