1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutch BBS: best team BBS ever?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SamFisher, Mar 18, 2004.

Tags:
  1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

And it should be. CC.net....or CF.net is the best ever.

They didn't have a description of the BBS since noone has ever typed one up for them, so I wrote up a short description of the site.

#2 Uprising, Mar 18, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2004
  3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

You'll hear no argument from me.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

It going to be tough to keep this team together. Hopefully we all get max contracts next year.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

SamFisher,

It is so funny you posted this, because I wanted to start a thread on something about this website but I guess it fits right here. The other thing is finding out we were in High School together is something that also made me think of what I wanted start a thread about.

You know what I love most about this web site? Its finding out that there were really true Rockets fans. How many of you growing up hated seeing all the Bulls Jerseys and Laker Jerseys other kids were wearing and hardly no one ever wore a Rockets jersey. I swear, I thought I was part of a very small group who really had the Rockets as their first love in NBA teams. But after reading some of you guys posts on watching those old Rockets teams, I know that there were true fans before the championships.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Awwwww, come here you big liberal lug.

*hugs pgabriel*

:)

7. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

favorite fan moment: wearing my old red and gold rockets T-shirt to the NBA draft at the Felt Forum after the rockets beat the knicks in '94. loved hearing the jealous boos from the crowd!

8. Remix

Remix Member

well no complaints, were the only team based bbs on that list. :D

9. Remix

Remix Member

Ah crap just saw Tampa Bay, well the only nba team site. sorry for double post.

10. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

We all know that it's Spurs fans like me that make this site what it is. :)

11. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

If we got into a fight with other BBSs, we would like totally kick their a$$.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

:D

13. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

REAL GM:mad:

14. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

*flashes back to last april*

We may have won the battle, but the suns won the war :(

15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Overall #274. WoooHooo!!!

16. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

favorite fan moment: Nearly getting into a fistfight with 12 gangbangers in the upper deck of the Forum in Inglewood during the Rockets/Lakers first round series in 1996 (the year after the second title). I was drunk, they were chanting "HOUSTON SUCKS", and, well, my natural drunken manly tendencies just took over.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

favorite fan moment,

94, Spring Semester UT. I'm in the Breckenridge dorm basement watching Game 3 against Pheonix up by 16 with a 2 game lead after the Rockets earned the name Choke City blowing 2 fourth quarter leads at home.

I get into this argument with a Suns fan and claim he wasn't true and just started watching them when they got Barkley. He gets pissed and leaves, MadMax scores 24 second half points to lead the team to victory, and the rest is history.

Ahhhhh, redemption.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Favorite fan moment:

I was at Game 5 vs. the suns the year of our first title. This was the series that turned Choke City into Clutch City. The series was tied at 2 games a piece. We started the game with a 9-0 run and the suns called a timeout. The Summit was ROCKING.

I turned to my Dad and said "can you feel it?" It was at that moment that I KNEW we would win the championship. I can't explain it, I just knew it. You could just feel it. It was just a matter of time before the monkey would be off of Houston's back forever.

19. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Not trying to be an ass or sound arrogant, but I did create a thread that was suppose to 'commemorate' the tenyear anniversary of the first championship drive:

http://bbs2.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62831

Dumb, but might as well...

Well, my favorite moments included my very first Rockets game (against the Celtics in '94) and being at the game in '97 when the Rockets finally beat the Bulls.