1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers @ Rockets promo video (official Rockets twitter)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Is Stephen A's question/query at the end in fact true? There's something about this team. Hype video too. Enjoy.

Deuce, Tha_Dude, hakeem94 and 4 others like this.
  2. Bo6

Bo6 Member

are the clippers the most over hyped team to NEVER go to the WCF? i'm trying to think and I seek your wisdom.

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

These guys lost last night to the Pelicans... they straight and will be 5 straight after we clown them tomorrow night.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I haz the excite

DonKnock likes this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yes. The Clippers are a good team and have been better than the Rockets over the recent years, but they have failed to truly contend throughout that entire stretch.

6. threepointshot3

The Rockets are the only team that can go toe to toe with the Warriors in a 120 plus game on the Warriors home court and pervail.Offense is never going to be a problem and i'm starting to believe our defense is not as bad as I thought it would be.

BigMaloe likes this.
  7. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Clippers are still that same team. CP, Jordan and Griffin, Reddick, doc....

Still a very good team. But they're kind of...at that ceiling, regardless of what happens tomorrow. They've hit a ceiling and couldn't finish off a rockets team that probably had no business beating them. And then the rockets got a lot better since then. Clippers? That same team.

Should be a rumble. Honestly my biggest concern is Jordan's physicality. I think the horses are pretty much there...but even with Capela having someone to bang with Jordan is lacking. Nene better be ready, he's got a load coming.

8. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

They've reached their peak already. Clippers will need to breakup by this summer.

9. Remlap

Remlap Member

You lost me at Stephen A Smith. . . . ;)

hakeem94 and DonKnock like this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Im not sure what their ceiling is, but the way they are going, they'll never go through the roof

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Clippers have the talent to go all the way. But I don't know if you can trust a team led by Chris Paul and Blake Griffin in crunch time in the postseason.

As far as tomorrow night's game, the Rockets should win. I know the Clippers have lost 4 straight and will be scrambling to avoid #5, but they'll be without Griffin and possibly Reddick(who routinely kills us).

12. Bo6

Bo6 Member

the only team....ya know besides that team beat them in the finals last year.......

ISOBall and Remlap like this.
  13. threepointshot3

Cavs don't have the offensive firepower we do or the Warriors have this season. Cavs strength is they are great on both sides of the ball with depth.Balance is their strength.

14. threepointshot3

If we can contain Pauls pick and roll with Jordan that right there takes him out of his only offensive strength. If you isolate Jordan and ask him to create his own shot he is not going to be very effective. That is why we need to first get a help defender to help on Jordans rolls after he sets the pick for Paul and rolls towards the basket and don't allow Paul to penetrate at will and find Jordan for the lob.

Lets be honest that is the only real effective offensive weapon Jordan has. On defense I would want Nene to shoot as many as jumpers to draw him out of the paint because that is his biggest strength. Interior rim defense. Hell I would go small and have Anderson at the 5 and get him to shoot as many as 3's possible on Jordan to open up the key for Harden.

#14 threepointshot3, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  15. CCorn

CCorn Member

I think Jordan has a monster game 24-18 or something, but we still get the W.

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

They are on a skid with Blake out and CP3 out (for two games).
    In the past, Reddick and Crawford killed us, and now we have Gordon and Ryno that can launch threes two to three steps beyond arc. Payback time!

D-rock and Hakeemtheking like this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Yule-C

T for 3 likes this.
  18. jayfree

jayfree Member

Here in LA I was watching the Clippers game yesterday and their announcers were salivating over how Houston plays and couldn't wait to see them in person as they call the game.

19. T for 3

T for 3 Member

really? that's cool to hear!

20. MystikArkitect

Paint cloggers are tough on James. Clippers are a tough matchup especially with Clint out. We'll see what kind of game plan Dantoni draws up.

Still feels funny talking about a Rockets coach with a real game plan.

Richie_Rich, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.