1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers or Spurs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coog4Rockets, Apr 28, 2015.

?

Who would you rather play in the 2nd round?

1. LA Clippers

276 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. SA Spurs

322 vote(s)
    53.8%
  1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I want to play whichever team is better and that remains to be determined. They both give us problems, they're both great teams... So I'd rather not think of it as which team would be easier to beat as which team it would be more meaningful to beat. Either way we'll be playing a great team in the next round and I'm really looking forward to seeing how our guys step up to the challenge.

1 person likes this.
  2. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Who the hell is going to guard Mills if it's the Spurs?

3. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Easily Spurs. ESPECIALLY if they go into a 7 game series and destroy their bodies grinding until the end. Shorter commute = more practice time for the WC finals, spurs are old and have a hard time dealing with athletic teams, we have their numbers, we have a weak point at the PG and Parker can't drain threes so he is limited to drive past Prigioni only to be met with Howard.

I really get nervous about either team but I think the Rockets can prevail after a dogfight of a series

4. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Spurs would be excruciating painful to watch ...just a non stop barrage of hack a rocket

5. whathappened

whathappened Member

Clippers only because if the spurs lose in the 1st round, the NBA's plan of warriors-spurs WCF is cooked

6. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I am changing my opinion. I want the Spurs to lose, only because Pop will hack-a-whoever every single game making the whole experience crappy. This tactic is so bad for the game it's ridiculous. The fact that Reggie Miller still doesn't think the rules should be changed makes me want to vomit. What more do you want to see, Reggie? The last 4 minutes of the third quarter took forever, and NOTHING ENTERTAINING HAPPENED! Reggie seems to forget that it's a product that the NBA is selling...

The Clippers are a tougher matchup for the Rockets, but at least we'll be able to see basketball being played. BEAT THE SPURS!

7. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I see a lot of pros and cons with both teams honestly... I used to really want the Clippers, but I'm not so sure anymore. Could go either way.

I think I'm *slightly* more scared of the Clippers just because of Chris Paul. I have no idea how Terry or Prigioni are going to guard him, and it doesn't look like McHale wants to play Nick Johnson.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We are the TWO seed, we will be the favorite.

DD

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

What about two mvp candidates in the WCF? Or CP3 finally getting to the WCF? A lot of storylines.

10. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

The hack-a-player doesn't work. It worked once that I can think of and that's only because the refs swallowed their whistle on the last play of the game when Harden drove in for the winning layup. The Spurs don't matchup well with Houston. All they will accomplish with the hack-a-Rocket is getting all their players in foul trouble in games that could easily go to OT.

11. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Imagine all the energy San Antonio will have to exert to win Games 6 and 7 if they lose tonight. This is precisely why I am rooting for a Clipper victory tonight. Spurs aren't losing at home in Game 6.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Clippers are the 3 seed and they aren't the favorite against the spurs.

13. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

This doesn't stop it from occurring and turning the sport into an unwatchable mess.

The NBA must do something to stop this. It's unbearable to watch on TV. In person, it's even worse. The NBA is a terrible product when this strategy is being used.

14. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

We will NOT be the favorite. Against either team. You don't even have to check Vegas to know that.

15. icewill36

icewill36 Member

meaning is overrated. if the rockets got 4 favorable matchups en route to a title ill take that all day. champions are champions no matter who they played to win it

16. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Rockets aren't even in the same stratosphere of top tier teams like the Clips and Spurs.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

TBH I am more pumped up that we could face the Warriors...That would be the challenge in the West at this moment

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Favorite when considered the standings but not favorite in reality.

Those guys play a lot tougher and are two tough matchups

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Why are you even on this board. Shouldn't you be cheering Jeremy Lin somewhere.

20. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Get real. OMG, some of you guys are unbearable and talk out of your ass. What a ridiculous statement.