1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clinton Cash -- Everything for sale. EVERYTHING

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheresTheDagger, Jul 26, 2016.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Has the FBI looked into the Clinton Foundation in detail?

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I know... have a GOP House investigation... they are not doing anything anyway.

3. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They only need to have the appearance of scandal. Maybe try to force testimony. Most likely they will selectively leak what they can twist as most damaging.

So far, nothing has been found. That can always change, though. And that seems to be he GOP strategy for this election (and past ones too?). If they can't win the vote with policy, try to disqualify the other candidate.

http://qz.com/764468/meet-the-sleaz...e-whose-e-mails-are-giving-hillary-heartburn/

While I am not surprised by the team politics in all this, it is quite funny that there is all this focus on a pretty transparent organization and the tax returns of the candidate connected to that organization -- focus pushed by a flawed candidate who refuses to show his tax returns, the lowest bar for transparency we have for presidential candidates.

Anyway, unlike the party over country crowd and their candidate/mascot of choice, I would condemn Clinton and Trump for any proven impropriety. I already disapprove of the perception.

And after the Manafort business, Trump needs to come clean. The way Eric Trump responded on CNBC, the Trump's have much to hide.

4. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

You voted for Obama and are whining about transparency?

6. JeffB

Supporting Member

Ummm. I am whining about tax returns.

And just so you know... just in case you didn't notice... I don't do team politics. I ding Obama for everything I find warranting it. My first round of complaints came from refusing to allow Pelosi to bring to light the machinations behind the run to the war in Iraq. And I have continued since. My posting history here should show my issues with respect to Obama's backroom deal with conservatives with nearly every legislative proposal he has put forth to the detriment of liberal positions.

With that said.... What the hell does Obama's transparency have to do with tax returns?!

This is the craziness of team politics. Clinton is being dinged, by Trump, for what people see in the documentation related to the Clinton Foundation -- documentation that only came to light due to the Clinton's being transparent about their finances. A very low bar.

Now, I don't give a **** about the contents of Trump's personal emails. I want to see him meet the low bar modern presidential candidates meet by showing his tax return. All I really expect to see are two things: 1) lots of foreigners, in particular Russian oligarchs, investing in his properties and 2) that Trump isn't as rich as he claims he is.

With that, too, said: I am talking a very low bar for transparency. A low bar that even the nefarious, secret muslim, secret-black-government running Obama met.

7. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Trump's tax returns aren't going to stop whatever idiot would vote for him from voting for him just like the idiots that are going to vote for Hilary don't care about all of her crap. Neither is fit to be POTUS and the majority of our population agree with that and are still going to vote for these morons.

IDIOTS

8. JeffB

Supporting Member

This is about the idiots in the middle. The low-information voters who look up at the last minute and notice we are about to vote for president and go vote.

We don't know what Trump's tax returns would reveal. But I am concerned about process and precedent. Presidential candidates expose their financial connections and do so, in part, by releasing their tax returns. I don't want to see more precedent set by Trump.

And if you think people are idiots for choosing between the two ****ty options put forth by the two major parties, then wait until you see what comes next. Especially, if we keep lowering the bar.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

No need. The Foundation only hires the best people with unquestioned ethics. Like the president Donna Shalala.

Shown here very happy to get a check from Nevin Shapiro. (scheduled for release in October 2027)

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So it's a scandal that Clinton met with people who donated to the family foundation?????

That's a scandal? We have Oliver North/Iran Contra, Yellow Cake, Halliburton, 9/11 Memo's ignored, Iraq, Trump University, Trump shady connections, no tax returns from Trump, entire congress on the take from lobbyists from all sorts of shady places who donate to their elections - and we are worried that the Prince of Brunei can get a meeting with Clinton???

11. TheresTheDagger

It's enough of an issue that Bill Clinton stated today that if Hillary is elected, he would step down from the foundation board. Apparently, he is concerned about how it might appear to be a conflict of interest.
    Unfortunately, the Clintons didn't have this same attitude when Hillary was Sec State.

Oh wait...they did. They just lied then too.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is stepping down to avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest even though that foundation is one of the best run foundations in the world. I have seen first hand the incredible good they do.

But hey, that doesn't matter, what matters is making stuff up like this weapons deal being a favor for someone who donated to a charity!

You act like the charity is Clinton's personal slush fund. Amazingly, he is not as corrupt as Trump.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Wasn't Shalala in charge of the University of Miami at the time of that photograph... and the donation was to the University of Miami?

14. shorerider

shorerider Member

When did she say she would release the Goldman Sachs speeches?

The woman is pure trash, and there is no disputing it. Legality is irrelevant.

Moral conscience has left the building with the Democrats. They are going to need to invest in some heavy lipstick come October in order to survive Assange and Co. Oink oink.

1 person likes this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Seems like the primary system is broken for both parties yet the people are content with poking criticisms at the other tribe.

Same with Congress as a whole and voter satisfaction with 'their' local Congress men and women.

The government is still whom the people elect. I'd suggest we reexamine the true power in nominating someone like trump, rather than whining the system is rigged or hopeless

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

She should release her transcripts. She said she would when all the candidates release the transcripts of their paid speeches.

The Democrats may be short on moral conscience with Clinton, but the other party is even more empty in that category. Sadly a lot of people will vote for Hillary is by far and away the lesser of two evils in this election.

I won't be voting for Hillary, nor will I be voting for Donald. If I lived in a battleground state I would vote for Hillary.

10 Ways that Hillary is better than Donald

1. Has actually involved herself with public and community service.
    2. Cares enough about our nation to read the constitution and abide by it.
    3. Does not advocate war crimes as part of her foreign policy
    4. Does not advocate racist attacks on Federal judges
    5. Has a grasp on the issues and studies them even if I disagree with her on them.
    6. Does not encourage violence from her supporters against protestors
    7. Has more specifics with her proposals and plans.
    8. Hasn't approved the hacking of American's computers by foreign intelligence agencies
    9. Doesn't favor religious discrimination in immigration
    10. Hasn't modified her immigration policy to one that was deemed unconstitutional during the cold-war

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Can someone tell me what they expect to read in these transcripts, is there a 13 1/2th Amendment or something?

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I was watching The U Part 2 and they spent the previous 15 minutes talking about all of the illegal things Nevin Shapiro did. How the university knew all about it, and how coach shannon told all his players they weren't allowed to be around the guy. Then they showed how she kept taking checks including this one in the picture for $50K and ended up almost getting the death penalty if it weren't for the NCAA doing a ****show investigation.

I thought, wow, this president is horrible, I wonder what year she was fired. Nope, gainfully employed.

19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

What the Republicans don't want you to know is the FBI/Justice Dept. is looking into the Clinton Foundation. They have found nothing.

20. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

I have a question: is Chelsea paid in the Foundation? How much?