1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela-"We're better than them"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by UrbanEnterprise, Jan 21, 2018.

1. j@amc

j@amc Member

I think Clint is trying to find his voice as a leader on this team. He's finally proved that he's ready for the physical play with Draymond Green and Pachulia. He matched and even exceeded their intensity on Saturday. That's super encouraging. Now's he matching Green's bluster off the court.

What I'm waiting for is the Rockets to call Clint's number even more. He's more than a lob threat or near-the-rim finisher.

When GS makes 3 blind switches, and they end up with Klay Thompson on Clint, why are CP3 or Harden simply dribbling out the clock? I recommend that we work the ball back to Capela a few times. He should call for the ball on his favorite block (or the wing). rather than drift off into the corner. Personally, I think Capela can beat Thompson, drawing fouls and rotations. Clint's continued development is probably the key to beating GS.

With GS's speed and weak side shot blocking ability, it's almost impossible to drive from the 3-point to the basket play after play consistently against them. We can play smarter, more imaginative basketball. CP3 really gives you that.

I'm also interested to see how the minutes will be distributed with Ariza back in the lineup. If we slightly scale back Gordon and Tucker over the next month or so, I think we'll see better shooting percentages from them in the playoffs.

No Chance and hakeem94 like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If we are leading 4-2 in the playoffs, I would tend to believe him more.

amaru and hakeem94 like this.
  3. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Dont say anything negative here, you might get banned. I mean these babies cant take any criticism coming off a win. Come playoffs there gonna be like f--- this team, but then again its ok cause its the playoffs.

4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

What's the cut off age for thinking you can beat the warriors

5. Salvy

Salvy Member

I haven’t seen much of you but you aren’t a Rockets fan.... Why are you even here? To contradict everyone going one way as you try to fight yourself to the top with your meaningless **** opinion?

D-rock likes this.
  6. Salvy

Salvy Member

Old enough to pee, old enough for me....

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I'd like it more if he had more than 5 rebounds

8. nomiz1987

nomiz1987 Member

I don't mind it, self belief is a good thing and it can become contagious. Whether or not they are better than warriors is obviously up for debate, but confidence is a good thing.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

OH NOES...are you afraid this is going to compel the Warriors to try to win the title now?

10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

MMM KAY, HAVE YOU SEEN THE CHAT CHANNEL , People are downing the rockets shot seletion all the time in the game thread every game, and saying this badly about them. Why am i not fan? just cause i point out some babies comments? lol

11. Salvy

Salvy Member

Because this is the biggest game of the year so you took upon yourself to $hit on Rockets and on fans by making up excuses for GS.... Even if you are right who tf is going to agree with you when everyone is on a high from the best game of the season that also has potential championship implications..... What? Were you expecting for people to thank you for suddenly shinning light on their alleged blindness? You know deep down you could just stfu or say the same things you said without pissing everyone off....

Example
    Great win today, GS came off a road trip... Hoping Houston can keep this play up in the playoffs when GS will be harder to beat...

But you are much too real for that hu? Gotta keep it real with all these delusional fans who’s team just beat GS fair and square...

DonKnock likes this.
  12. Le$$

Le$$ Member

You are not my mf teacher dude about sports so you stfu.. This aint no mf playoffs. In the lastest post i said it was a good win, but they havent won jack yet.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Ryno took all his rebounds...that man was possessed on the boards

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

It's official now, Capela is part of BIG 3

j@amc and Killatron 2000 like this.
  15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You are as good as your record says you are - Jeff van Gundy

D-rock and RasaqBoi like this.
  16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I love it. Only losers think like losers. I don't give a F if we are motivating them... let them be at their best so our best can beat their best! That's what champions are made of.

17. juanm34

juanm34 Member

“ they ain’t even that good” -

18. Soneca

Soneca Member

No need for that man, not cool. If you can't take criticisms why are you so critical about the Rox and the homers, a group I'm most proudly included? If you're having problems in your personal life and you need a channel to let it go, look for a shrink. Or maybe you can ease your strees rooting for your bb team, which btw has a reasonable chance of beating one of the greatest sports teams ever in the upcoming playoffs, if they are to meet both at full strenght. Peace, have a great sunday.

D-rock, DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  19. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

This is why Capela is playing the level he is playing. Similar to Embid saying I don't care Rihanna, or Porzingi saying I am an All-Star. I love the confident, he will be better with more confident. None of the Warriors schmooze with the Rockets after the game unlike most teams. The Warriors have that mentality like Capela.

20. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Im ecstatic about the win. Its great to bring down the power house. But i don't want you guys thinking it a sealed deal. You hear paul last night,"its a long season, and we have to keep it going". Its about staying there in that mentality. I' m not trying to bring down fans here, i just stated that it seem like in the last mins they didn't have that extra push they always had, and everyone wanted to tell me how i'm not a fan, and that's really doubled edge sword and not fair from my standpoint. I watch the rockets all the time and root for them.

#40 Le$$, Jan 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    Soneca likes this.