1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela Suitors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaneB, Jul 1, 2018.

1. DaneB

DaneB Member

So who is left to steal Clint Capela away from us now at the max? I think we were most nervous about the Suns, but they snagged our best 3 and D guy instead. Dallas took Deandre.

Is our silver lining of the night that we might get Clint for considerably less than we were thinking?! Hopefully Morey has something up his sleeve now with Trevor gone (OMG WTH?!).

Bengchu and matchesmalone like this.
  2. riko

riko Member

Lakers could offer him max if they strikeout on Leonard

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

4. riko

riko Member

Good one less suitor

rockets1995 likes this.
  5. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Brooklyn...I would be scarred of them.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not sure if the Nets have the cap space (someone said they didn't when the Stephen A. report came out) and they signed ("agreed to terms") with C Ed Davis tonight. And have young C Jarrett Allen.

saleem likes this.
  7. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Lebron and Cousins is going to be hilarious to watch in LA.

D-rock, BigMaloe, TMac'n and 6 others like this.
  8. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

In fairness, that is probably their Room Exception they are spending on Davis.

Why not? likes this.
  9. BackdoorHarden

Dang. You're right. I thought everyone would be capped out...but that Loser Lakers team have 65 millions to spend because they can't get anyone...again...ROFL

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Nets also signed J.Harris for 8 mill per, pretty sure the Nets would have to dump a larger contract to offer Capela anything over 15 mill per.

Lakers, Bulls and Hawks seem to be the largest threats ATM.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

But one added if new orleans loses cousins wouldnt they want another center. So cappella woyld be suited in new orleans then

14. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

hawks have a glut at center with dedmon opting in. Minutes for John Collins were already too low imo.

15. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Bulls have Markannen and now Carter too. There aren't any good outside options for Clint.

16. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

They have like 4m in cap space I think.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Bulls I think are probably not in the picture with their glut at C, but the Hawks could easily trade Dedmon for a couple of 2nd's, and let Collins back Clint up or play next to him at PF, i'm still worried a little about the Hawks, but I agree Lakers are by far the biggest threat here.

18. BimaThug

Supporting Member

Harris only has a $1.5M cap hold until he's signed, so the Nets will likely use whatever other cap room they have first, THEN officially sign Harris and Davis to their deals. Smart cap management by Sean Marks, who has done a terrific job so far as the Nets GM.

BigMaloe, ElPigto, saleem and 2 others like this.
  19. BimaThug

Supporting Member

Also, according to Albert Nahmad (a much better version of me for the Miami Heat fans), Brooklyn only has about $7-10 million in cap room, anyway.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nets will retain Joe Harris’ $1.5M cap hold and sign both him (2/$16M) and Ed Davis (1/$4.4M via R-MLE) after all cap room is used up. Including Spencer Dinwiddie, they can still generate up to $7M of cap room + Dwight Howard buyout reduction - $838K.</p>&mdash; Albert Nahmad (@AlbertNahmad) <a href="">July 1, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BigMaloe and saleem like this.
  20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Okay that makes sense.

Looking at their payroll though, I still don't see much space at all, and I don't even see the news that Howard has officially been bought out yet. It looks like they would have about 13 million in cap space WITH Mozgofs old 16 mill cap hold. It would seem to me incredibly unlikely for Howard to take anything close to the 7.8 mill difference off in a buyout or else the Hornets really could have just bought Howard themselves.

It looks like unless the Nets move Lin, DAR or DMC that they won't even any significant cap space unless Howard for some odd reason takes a ridiculously high cut on a buyout. Correct Bima?

EDIT, I see you edited your post. That's what I was seeing.

Looks like we just have to look out for the Lakers/Hawks/Bulls, considering the Lakers could have bigger fish to fry, and the Hawks and the Bulls might not be interested in Capela with their own talent at center, we could end up getting Clint back on fair deal.

saleem likes this.