1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela/Artis Gilmore's Drop Step & Jump Hook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Aug 30, 2017.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Clint lacks the skill level to become an Artis Gilmore type of player. He needs to work very hard on post scoring, and he needs to develop a mid range jumper. Chris and Harden will make him look better than he really is, but he will struggle with a weaker backcourt on another team.

PatBev likes this.
  2. Newlin

Newlin Member

I think Clint is capable of much much more than just pick and roll and dunks. He's still very young.

3. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

honestly don't see him much more than a PNR player and there's nothing wrong with that. With either CP3 or JH handeling the rock, capela will get some easy lobs and passes for dunks/layups. didn't we establish a post up is the worst play in the nba in efficiency when we had DH?

4. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

He's been able to improve that free throw stroke, I wouldn't be surprised if he develops a short ranged jumpshot or hook shot. Not that far of a stretch I think.

don grahamleone likes this.
  5. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

These moves are becoming obsolete because of the 3 seconds violation and expanded restrict area....

6. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Word.

How many big men even learn the basics anymore? Nowadays you got 7 footers trying to shoot threes like they Curry. I don't get it. You won the genetic lottery and you're gonna waste it on this. It's like watching lions become hyenas.

7. bongman

bongman Member

I feel that the best way to maximize Clint's effectiveness is with defense. If he can be a "top tier" paint defender in the league, it will have more impact than having him focus on offensive moves. With our offense, he won't get enough touches except dunks and layups.

8. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

He needs to get together with KAJ.

9. alethios

alethios Member

Hopefully with Chuckwagon on board, he can develop into a better post defender. I'm fine with his offense as is.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That's only because Dwight didn't know how to execute in the post. D-Mo did, but his back injury rendered him useless.

11. dmoneybangbang

This. If he can be a great defender and a solid finisher in the PNR that can shoot 70%FT then I'd imagine Morey locks him up. I think he's primed to have a big season with the addition of CP3.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Didn't San Antonio establish that when they guard the rim, it stops our offensive machine and causes us to lose if we don't make adjustments? This is about adjustments, caveats, mixing up the same old defendable offense in a playoff series. If you don't add complexities, you have a simple offense. And that doesn't win championships.

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You are aware that the low block is outside of the paint rendering a 3 second violation impossible, right?