1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Clint Capela Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EffTheJazz!!!, Dec 3, 2017.

1. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

Why we only have these after a player leaves or is traded?? I just wanna appreciate my guy Clint for playing like a man, and creating his own presence in the paint. It's really fun to watch him play with this group and get better. I hope we keep him as a foundation with Harden, who's helping maximize his potential, for the rest of his career. I guess maybe I just wanna give my guy his flowers while he can still smell them.. wow now I'm depressed.. especially since honestly we prolly will trade him since hes only an asset. :( his stock is sky high. man I'm getting sadder as I keep typing and reality sets in fast. he could be gone at the break knowing Morey? :eek:

Aright anyway, thank you to Clint for putting the work in and I wish him much success. He's a funny guy too. fresh young man. Making a name for himself in this league, coming from a foreign land. thousands of miles away, like La Flame. Emerging to a current role of: A starting center for an NBA contending team.

2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Balls and wieners!!!! I appreciate you Clint. Thanks for not being a head case or one of @basketballholic 's favorite players

3. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

He’s soft and gets punked in the paint a lot.

javal_lon likes this.
  4. bongman

bongman Member

Projecting a little?

EffTheJazz!!! likes this.
  5. Game7

Game7 Member

Swiss Misssss!!!

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I get it.. you're a Lakers fan, but we're not on your side. You guys have nothing on the Utah franchise. They have positive basketball in their future... you do not.

7. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

The Ringer appreciates Capela...
    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/1/16/16897496/houston-rockets-la-clippers-fight-locker-room

Sherman: For me, it’s the inclusion of Clint Capela as the diversion to knock on the front door.

Ryan: SWISS, SWISS, BISH. TM JUSTIN VERRIER.

Sherman: It means there was actual scheming as to the most effective way to break into the locker room.

Uggetti: Clint Capela is one of our generation’s greatest pacifists, apparently.

Haley O’Shaughnessy: For me, it’s imagining how it came up that Clint should go distract the Clippers.

Ryan: I think it means Capela is polite!

Concepcion: That Gerald Green was involved despite being a Rocket for 20 days.

Sherman: It’s like how the Allies tricked the Germans into believing the D-Day landing was coming at Calais.

Verrier: There’s a chance that Capela just wanted to visit Sam Dekker.

Ryan: PARDON ME, WOULD YOU HAPPEN TO HAVE SOME LEMON-LIME GATORADE, AND WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THESE HANDS?

Isaac Lee: The Swiss are always “neutral.”

Concepcion: Gerald was ready to rock as soon as that contract went guaranteed.

Ryan: That’s the funny thing, right? Even though Green was on the team for about three weeks, most of these guys know each other really well. Half of them have played together, or grew up together (lot of L.A. dudes), or hate Blake together.

Sherman: Was the plan for Capela to infiltrate the locker room, or was he sheer decoy?

8. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Bye Clint! You're not worth the max bro!

9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

For a sec thought he got traded like Swiss cheese

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Clint to Cleveland in a three way trade. We get Deandre and Clippers get Thompson? Who knows...

11. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

We appreciate career high 6 blocks tonight for Clint N'Dumba-Capela!

Blurr#7 likes this.
  12. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

The tradition is you make this when they get traded, don’t be the guy that attempts to change tradition.

13. Bo6

Bo6 Member

oof some of these comments have not aged well.

14. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

Youre right

Im sorry and I love you,
    ETJ