1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela........ Anybody seen him??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sluggo832004, Apr 28, 2019.

1. sluggo832004

sluggo832004 Member

Didnt he say he wanted the warriors? Nene showed more heart than him.

Stormy1234, gatsby, JW86 and 2 others like this.
  2. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

Apparently no, we would win by 10+ if he’s average.

ClutchFam likes this.
  3. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He's on a milk carton right now, I'm assuming injuries still...

Stormy1234 likes this.
  4. cml750

cml750 Member

I think he must have missed the flight. I know his game did.

5. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Capela has to be better, even if you can't score just dominate the glass and help recover. Can't get demoralized cuz you don't get any buckets

Stormy1234 likes this.
  6. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Pringles also needed to put Capela in for that last possession. It's not Nene's job to guard Curry, the training wheels have to come off at some point.

RyanB likes this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He shows up we win that game. I cant believe nobody slapped him in the face to try and wake him up.

bingfei236 likes this.
  8. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Mannish is C more time on the floor for sure. He was a physical presence download both sides of the court.

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I think I saw him with that chick from "Resident Evil" battling some T virus.

10. Handles

Handles Member

Last 2 games Clint has been a complete non-factor. We need him to show some heart. It’s like he’s invisible the whole game.

11. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Capela is totally neutralized because they’re taking away the lob passes for easy buckets, This is exactly how the Jazz defended him. So, if he can’t be physical then he’s useless offensively. Defensively he has good lateral quickness to defend against smaller players but I’d rather see a guy like Faried in there alongside Nene for offense. He’s quicker to the basket and can shoot a bit. He proved that much the last time we beat them on the road. When GS went small we should've put him in.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he will still have the same p***y mentality even when he's 87

13. JW86

JW86 Member

Watch MDA go small consistently and not use Nene like today, just watch.

14. Mr. Space City

Even if they are taking away the lob, there is no excuse to have only 6 rebounds.

He has a very inconsistent motor. He had no effort or hunger today. Just letting smaller guys outmuscle him and box him out for rebounds.

Clint should be feasting on offensive and defensive boards since they don’t have cousins and are not playing bogut.

Stormy1234 and RichieBanks like this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

why harden didnt take any floaters? instead he kept insisting on lob to capela

16. Mr. Space City

Harden missed 2 floaters that I remember.

He’s been doing a poor job on reading the defense in the playoffs. Forcing lobs when it’s not there.

17. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Clint looked horrible today. He can't talk **** after the Jazz series win about playing the warriors then look like a timid 5 year old playing among men when playing them. Gotta walk the walk.

JBAC123 and sluggo832004 like this.
  18. Newlin

Newlin Member

They took away the lobs, so something else should have been available for the Rockets. Harden didn't look like himself today driving to the basket. We shot under 30% from three. No way we win games shooting under 30% from three.

Clint isn't the traditional post up in the paint Center. He can't get points by himself in our offense. If the Warriors want to keep a man glued to Clint to prevent dunks, then they can do that, but that should open things up for Harden and Paul.

What happened to the Harden floater? It seems like something would have been available with a man glued to Clint. Oh, that's right, we shot less than 30% from three. Oh, and the refs wouldn't call fouls on our threes, which probably contributed to our poor shooting.

Such a frustrating game, and Clint was not good. But, I don't think Clint is the first guy I would blame this loss on.