1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Classy Organization] Former Texan cheerleaders file wage sex discrimination lawsuit against Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by IBTL, Jun 1, 2018.

1. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I always wonder why cheerleaders don't unionize. They're clearly treated terribly by their employers. I suppose the Texans could just get rid of cheerleaders in response but clearly the current situation is pretty terrible.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Listening to Tupac Westsiiiiide
    Supporting Member

o_O lol

It's always interesting when the usual suspect trolls go full snowflake. Chill out comrade.

3. vince

vince Member

Realistically speaking, though most of us would care less about the cheerleaders if they were there or not; the teams do use them extensively in photo ops, calendars, promos, etc. They have to have a certain look, be athletic, have personality, etc.

No different than an actress in Hollywood, thousands of other people would do their job for pennies on the dollar. Maybe these women thought it was going to be fun and parties, then they get hit with real duties. Work is work, and someone is going to demand optimal performance. Pay a reasonable rate, after all ticket prices as high as they are, are the going possibly going to make tickets more expensive beyound market price.

Regardless, if the team doesn’t think they are essential, do away with them. Because I don’t agree with the argument, hundreds of women would sob he job for free.

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Anyone else actually surprised at these allegations? The Texans brass probably operating on the same disgusting level as the Mavericks front office. Hypocrite McNair and his "high moral" comrades probably groping secretaries left and right.

Nook likes this.
  5. conquistador#11

I loved it around 2010 when rpds would wear Catholic school girl outfits and perform 1990s Britney spears. Times done change.

6. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Professional sports teams pay everyone poorly except their players - thats just very typical. I've known people who've worked full time for the Rockets, Rangers, and Mavericks. They were all good office jobs (marketing, in-house entertainment, etc) but paid poorly. The attitude from the teams is that "you're so lucky to be working for your favorite sports team."

marks0223 likes this.
  7. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

get rid of these cheerleaders...their allegations are weak. Cheerleaders are glorified strippers, hired to please a generally male audience with no talent other than physical appearance. They got body shammed??... well that kinda comes with the job, its like we shamed Charles barkley for coming into training camp fat...its your job!

likestohypeguy likes this.