1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Classy Organization] Former Texan cheerleaders file wage sex discrimination lawsuit against Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by IBTL, Jun 1, 2018.

1. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I always wonder why cheerleaders don't unionize. They're clearly treated terribly by their employers. I suppose the Texans could just get rid of cheerleaders in response but clearly the current situation is pretty terrible.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

o_O lol

It's always interesting when the usual suspect trolls go full snowflake. Chill out comrade.

3. vince

vince Member

Realistically speaking, though most of us would care less about the cheerleaders if they were there or not; the teams do use them extensively in photo ops, calendars, promos, etc. They have to have a certain look, be athletic, have personality, etc.

No different than an actress in Hollywood, thousands of other people would do their job for pennies on the dollar. Maybe these women thought it was going to be fun and parties, then they get hit with real duties. Work is work, and someone is going to demand optimal performance. Pay a reasonable rate, after all ticket prices as high as they are, are the going possibly going to make tickets more expensive beyound market price.

Regardless, if the team doesn’t think they are essential, do away with them. Because I don’t agree with the argument, hundreds of women would sob he job for free.

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Anyone else actually surprised at these allegations? The Texans brass probably operating on the same disgusting level as the Mavericks front office. Hypocrite McNair and his "high moral" comrades probably groping secretaries left and right.

raining threes and Nook like this.
  5. conquistador#11

I loved it around 2010 when rpds would wear Catholic school girl outfits and perform 1990s Britney spears. Times done change.

6. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Professional sports teams pay everyone poorly except their players - thats just very typical. I've known people who've worked full time for the Rockets, Rangers, and Mavericks. They were all good office jobs (marketing, in-house entertainment, etc) but paid poorly. The attitude from the teams is that "you're so lucky to be working for your favorite sports team."

marks0223 likes this.
  7. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

get rid of these cheerleaders...their allegations are weak. Cheerleaders are glorified strippers, hired to please a generally male audience with no talent other than physical appearance. They got body shammed??... well that kinda comes with the job, its like we shamed Charles barkley for coming into training camp fat...its your job!

likestohypeguy likes this.
  8. SuraGotMadHops

9. conquistador#11

raining threes likes this.
  10. SuraGotMadHops

Quite frankly I'm a little surprised this thread hasn't morphed into just posting pics of hot Texans cheerleaders by now. Sexist or not, I enjoy the sideline entertainment as much as any other superficial male out there.

11. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Fine, fine, I'll do some research.......
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

I feel for the girls, they are clearly being exploited, but they are going to lose the lawsuit. You can be sure that their contracts were tight or lawsuit-proof. Seldom does the "little guy" beat the big dog.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL how does this thread keep getting bumped?

14. raining threes

15. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

16. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

They seem fine using their bodies when it means likes and retweets, just not as game sideline entertainment...

17. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think the issue has ever been using their bodies. They're cheerleaders, for heavens sake. They understand the appeal of what they do. Their argument is they are underpaid. To the point of being below minimum wage.

houstonstime likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but honestly they shouldn't be paid at all. They should be 100% volunteers because they aren't at all important and they stand to gain from holding the position alone.

19. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

None of us have ever accepted a job without knowing what the pay would be. The cheerleaders knew they would be paid minimum wage or just above it. I work on the Texans "game day staff" and make a little more than minimum wage as well but I think of it more as a volunteer job. With all the perks of being a Texans part-time employee, I would have done it without pay. All game day jobs (including cheerleaders) make minimum wage or slightly more. I have a great career, this is just something fun to do on this side. My office is like a Texans gift shop with all of the free stuff I have received working for them.

houstonstime and Bobbythegreat like this.
  20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

So your office sucks too?

raining threes likes this.