1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Classy Knicks Fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Nov 23, 2012.

1. novaman

novaman Member

Wow, where is that board being moderated from? North Korea!?!

2. torocan

torocan Member

Somewhere in this article there is some Irony...

So now they're talking about cutting someone to get a young, athletic point guard with the ability to create and score. Pity those don't just fall into your lap... oh, wait...

3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

the poison pill contract bro.

4. torocan

torocan Member

Poison pill that had no impact on their cap situation. They're over the luxury tax and cap anyway without Lin.

The only impact would have been Dolan's wallet, AND they would have had multiple seasons to trade Lin, including during his 2nd year as a $15M expiring contract. This is assuming they didn't decide to use the stretch provision to limit the luxury tax impact.

They let him go for literally nothing.

Even if you don't believe Lin will be good or great, he can score, he can play make, and he's tradable.

He was worth at least a couple picks to someone, somewhere, at some point of his contract.

5. Karolik

Karolik Member

He would'n't have been worth that much. Maybe a high first round pick or low 2nd round pick. Still, thats better than nothing. Dolan is an idiot what do you expect?

6. holly1985

holly1985 Member

Isn't it said that NY let Lin go because of Dolan's ego?

Lin turned down CAA and chose Duncan's angent. Doesn't CAA have a very strong relationship with the Knicks? If he's with CAA, maybe NY would sign him back.(His contract may be handled differently).

7. fishguy91

fishguy91 Member

well there are so many different version of the story but now I think the knicks didnt want him all that much from the beginning. They reached to Nash, Kidd, and Felton was in Dolan's BBQ talking about signing with NYK, all before Houston gave Lin that 25m contract. And I don't think Felton was invited there to be the backup.

Oh and the irony that CAA is in charge of distributing the linsanity movie in USA

8. fishguy91

fishguy91 Member

Cmon Lin's value may not be as high as last year but he's worth more than a 2rd round pick:rolleyes:

9. aziankingz

aziankingz Member

The decision was most likely a combination of Dolan and Melo.. Dolan thought Lin was messing with him about his contract and Melo was hating the fact that most at the middle to end of the season came to watch Lin and not Melo.

10. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Once LeBron left, CAA is not as powerful as before but it still has a stranglehold on Dolan via liason Isaiah Thomas. I call it a love triangle; IT, Dolan and WWWes.

11. fishguy91

fishguy91 Member

honestly some knicks fans are so optimistic that I wish i could be like them sometimes. I can be so depressed after a bad loss but knicks fans really can accept anything close to being average and celebrate. Great spirits.

This is a post from knicks forum after last night's loss in Denver, titled "Why NY is in a great position"

12. aziankingz

aziankingz Member

You guys are on RealGM too? LOL, a lot of them think they see the bigger picture - 2nd/3rd seed, winning the Atlantic, etc. They are truly blinded that although this team is up there in the East, it would be in 5th or 6th place in the West. They also do not see that this team is now struggling against both playoff teams and below .500 teams. They have no true scorer other than Melo and their defense is falling apart. I blame the coach as well for not putting his foot down and living up to what he claimed in the beginning of the year. Will not be surprised if the knicks dont make it out the first round..

13. SeabrookMiglla

i watched the nuggets/knicks game last night, they didnt look so hot. how long is chandler going to be out for?

14. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

you know what would be hilarious and awesome? If we advance to the second round after beating harden's old team okc and then the knicks lose in the first round.

the media and internet would explode.

15. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

Why didn't they just pick up Aaron Brooks off of waivers?? This is why I'm afraid there's something wrong with AB...

16. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

Oh I forgot about the $$ and contract stuff. But still...

17. Bill Bradley

Bill Bradley Member

18. zdrav

zdrav Member

If I were Lin, I'd be mighty thankful to Dolan/Melo for chasing me out of the Knicks. That franchise is going nowhere fast as it is saddled with ancient players and the worst contract in perhaps NBA history.

Lin got to leave the Knicks with his short-but-glorious legacy untarnished and he's in a bright situation with the Rockets.

19. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

At least the Lin's trade turns out to be working well for everyone except the Knicks, but who gives a crap about them?

20. ILoveTheRockets

the true story is that Melo ran Lin out of NYC. Knicks didn't want the bad mojo in the locker room so they played it off and said they couldn't afford him.

It wasn't just Melo who had bad words for Lin either. Pretty the entire starting roster wanted him gone.