1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cinema] Tim Burton & Johnny Depp's Dark Shadows

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Mar 15, 2012.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Looks funny.
    Will post better trailer when WB releases it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4cVcpz8H3Pk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1 percicles, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  2. percicles

Posted HD quality.

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Eva Green can curse me all she wants.

But yeah, this looks funny and entertaining. I had never heard of the show it was adapted from before until the movie was announced. Kind of crazy that there was a vampire soap opera.

4. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Is it safe to say that whenever Tim Burton comes out with a movie, Johnny Depp will be the main character?

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

and that Helena Bonham Carter will be featured as well as the music of Danny Elfman?

it is also a safe bet to find me in the movie theaters during its release...

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

went to the premiere last night in Hollywood I was entertained thoroughly it was pretty funny and Depp was great in his role as barnabus collins.

there was a lot of great little moments i would easily give it a 7.5/10, if you are a fan of burton or depp than probably more for sure.

7. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

mixed emotions. I like Burton and Depp as well, and while the tTrailer looks decent, I'm not sure what this world needs is another vampire movie, kicked into campy gear.

Long previews like that with all the punch lines make me think the movie won't be much better than the preview, but who knows? (besides Yoyo)

8. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

I worked at the Alley Theatre in the late nineties and got to work "Long Day's Journey Into Night" with Ellen Burstyn and David Selby in the leads. Selby was a character in Dark Shadows later in the series (Quentin Collins - a ghost). Quentin won't be in this version, but I was amazed at what a cult following the the original show had. Almost 30 years after he had aired in an episode he still had fans EVERY DAY waiting for him with flowers. None of them were dangerous, but they LOVED their Dark Shadows.

#8 oomp, May 8, 2012
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
  9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I grew up watching reruns of Dark Shadows, I was a little turned off when I saw how it was being adapted but I know Burton and Depp have a deep affection for the show. Good to hear it's good.

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

in before cowboy bebop hates it.

11. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I think it looks decent....but they're making a big mistake releasing it in mid-May. I think it's going to get crushed at the box office.

12. percicles

It's counter programming. I think it will do fine. It's PG13 and a comedy. Nothing like it on the horizon until Men In Black 3.