1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cinema] Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Oct 2, 2016.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

2. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

finally. i love these movies

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

I vaguely remember what happened in the last 2 movies.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Very nice teaser. Javier Bardem as the bad guy is a 10/10 for me.

We'll see.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I like how his hair flows in slow motion but the rest of him moves in real motion. Is that the first time that's been done in movies?

I think it's RACIST to have a Spanish guy with an accent. Where are the ACLU peeps when you need them?!?!? :mad:

:D
    How many are there of these? Like 10 already? I haven't seen either one. Enjoy, fans.

Rodman23 likes this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

It's been done in a few horror movies IIRC, especially in those that simulate the ghost/spirit that died from drowning.

SwoLy-D likes this.
  7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

8. hvic

hvic Member

they are milking this movie franchise

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Why not? It's successful and they've generally been good movies. I'll see this one, too...

10. hvic

hvic Member

its a smart move

11. OTMax

OTMax Member

Really hope it continues from 3 and is nothing like part 4, which was basically to milk it, but with Orlando Bloom back and a new adversary there's hope for a true great one. Keira Knightley is surely missed and those two goofy dudes, the fat one and the lanky one with the eyeball, but other than that I'm looking forward to it.

Part 3 was actually already going downhill with the story as far as putting all those world leaders together, so really hope this killing all pirates story won't turn it into big fight across different seas. The mystery and scary Davy Jones octopuss face can't be outdone but let's hope they come close. Aside from the black mouth, I like the look with the hair moving indeed slower than the rest, thoughI wish they hadn't revealed the villain. The humor should also be there of course.

12. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Some of the plots in the sequels have been sort of convoluted and hard to follow, but the acting and special effects have been top notch. Looking forward to it.

13. Caesar

Caesar Member

Is it the same director and writer as the last 2? If so, meh.

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Pirates and more pirates. Blah blah Johnny Depp and some Ghosts, I just read you the plot for all 5 movies.

15. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Whirlpool and a heart in a chest. That's all I remember.

The guys from Kon-Tiki (Norway) directed this. It was nominated for best foreign film I believe. A great
    ocean survivalist adventure film. Great special effects usage given it's very modest budget.

CCity Zero likes this.
  16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Damn, that's a pretty interesting tidbit about new director. I'm obviously going going to see this regardless, But it'll be interesting if new directing talent changes it up some. I think first one was best for sure, but this definitely could be what the series needs. I also like the villain choice.

17. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

New for both.

Writer is Jeff Nathanson. Who has had some hits and misses. Catch Me if You Can & The Terminal vs Speed 2, Rush Hour 2 and 3, and Indiana Jones Crystal Skull (early concept).

Directors are newish: Joachim Rønning & Espen Sandberg who basically have done Marco Polo show and stuff I have never heard of.

Caesar likes this.
  18. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

The people that say movie piracy is a victimless crime haven't seen these sequels.

19. Caesar

Caesar Member

Nice! I love Marco Polo!

20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I seriously thought one of the previous movies in this franchise was already titled that