1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cincy at Hofeinz

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aelliott, Feb 16, 2000.

1. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

For all of you folks who want the Rockets to draft Kenyon Martin, DerMarr Johnson or Pete Mickeal, you can check them out in person. Cincinatti will be playing UH at Hofheinz Pavillion tomorrow night (2/17) at 8:00.

[This message has been edited by aelliott (edited February 16, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by aelliott (edited February 16, 2000).]

2. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Are Rudy and CD going to the game?

Mango

3. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I dont know but Im going. I cant wait to see Kenyon Martin in action.

4. Jenna

Jenna Member

You can check them out in person....as long as you bought a ticket over a month ago.

Being a UH student majoring in the school of communications isn't always a bad thing....love issuing those "press credentials" to people who have no intention of "press"ing anything, with the exception of Cincy's nerves.

Finally, Hofheinz will be rockin' again. See ya there!

------------------
    Jen
    Senior Lobbyist of the Movement to Trade Bryce Drew

5. Not Chaney

Not Chaney Member

Kenyon and Co. have arrived.

Martin goin up.

Chalk talk coach !

------------------
    We would like to get rookie Francis on the break for some easy scoops in the first quarter...

6. PhiSlammaJamma

This is on National TV right?

[This message has been edited by PhiSlammaJamma (edited February 17, 2000).]

7. Not Chaney

Not Chaney Member

ESPN 9:00 est / 8 cst

------------------
    We would like to get rookie Francis on the break for some easy scoops in the first quarter...

8. PhiSlammaJamma

Thanks. I'm predicting an upset. U of H in a Michael Jackson thriller!

9. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

UH sucks, Cincinnati could beat them in their sleep. Cincy by 30.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

That was a good game. U of H hung right in there with a heavyweight. Things are beginning to look up. The Point Guard looked awesome and Gee Gervin was sensational down the stretch. They put on a good show for me in DC. Kenyon Martin was a huge factor. He reminds me of Chris Webber. He just overpowered Houston. If Ballis could block out then we would have won that game. He played a good game, don't get me wrong, but he cannot block out at all. The other white guy on Cinn took him on FT throughout the whole game. We were better off if they made those FT. I'm proud of the effort. Woo, that would have been a huge upset.

11. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Gee Gervin is indeed for real. But, I don't see that game the same way you do. It's not that Houston wasn't playing hard and making some good plays-- it's just that to me, Cincinnati looked like they flipped a switch once the score was 24-6. They looked like they had a plane to catch and just wanted the game over with.

UH did a good job battling back, and they definitely got UC's attention... but I really thought UC was sleepwalking for most of the game.

12. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I agree with Brian.K

13. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

That game was a textbook example of Cincinnati getting bored early and playing indifferently. If they'd exerted even a little effort after the first eight minutes, they'd have won by 50.

14. PhiSlammaJamma

BK: I don't really think that is entirely correct. It appeared to me that Cinn did dominate that game up until the point that Clyde put the pressure on. It was then that Cinn got rattled and threw up quick shots. And that's what the Cougars wanted. I don't think Cinncinnati got bored. I think they got baited into Clyde's gameplan. That's just my take. I think Clyde showed he can coach a little. I also think that Gee Gervin is for real. That's the other reason UH stayed in the game. Last year he put in 30 on them. That's how I look at it. Cinn got rattled by Temple last year because of the "different" defense and I think Houston did the same thing to them this year. Cinn can't handle good coaching. That's just my take.