1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chuck thinks the grizzlies are the 3rd best team in the west

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Feb 6, 2017.

1. what

what Member

Kenny, shaq and ej didn't object, like they normally do.

2. 92i

92i Member

The Grizzlies are about to show the world they're on the Rockets level.

BigMaloe and Richie_Rich like this.
  3. what

what Member

I don't think it's 1995 anymore.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Chuck usually gets his predictions wrong too....

Tha_Dude, RocketWalta, Jontro and 4 others like this.
  5. Lightsnowaction

Beaten all the top teams. If Parsons can even play normal or better, Chuck is absolutely right, unless the Rockets prove otherwise.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Not good for you. It's the curse of death

7. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

[​IMG]

8. Newlin

Newlin Member

He's entitled to his opinion. Maybe he's right, maybe he's wrong. We'll learn more when the playoffs begin. 3-7 in the west are all very close.

the shark likes this.
  9. Dutchrudder!

Dutchrudder! Member

10. jogo

jogo Member

Well, we need to keep the 3rd spot whether or not we're better than Memphis. We want home court in the first round and we want to avoid GS as long as possible.

11. hakeemthagreat

Grizzlies aren't better than us. They don't have that extra gear you need. They can hold teams below 100pts, but they can't score 140 in a shoot out if needed

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

We need to get back to having a long stretch of good basketball, winning better than 50% of our games before anyone will put us up in the top 3 again.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I don't think it's a ridiculous notion. Do I agree? No. But I don't think it's terribly off base.

The Rockets, Clippers, Grizzlies, and Jazz all have a case to be made for 3rd best team in the West. Right now, I'd probably say the Jazz are playing the best ball, but the Rockets banked a lot of wins in December. It'll be a close finish, I bet.

14. rockets13champs

They cant score but beat all top 3 squads

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Chuck does not even believe himself what he has been saying throughout the years. For fun!

Rockets, Jazz and Clips hold better records.

#15 daywalker02, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    Tha_Dude likes this.
  16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'd go with Jazz right now.
    But Memphis is an ok choice as well, especially since they just beat the Jazz a week+ back.
    Rockets and Clippers have both had a tough last 30 days.

But I don't think the Grizzlies or Jazz have any "real" chance in the playoffs. Not that I think any team really has a chance against the Warriors, who will only lose if they beat themselves and underperform or do stupid things (like get ejected from games, etc.). But even setting aside the Warriors dominance, neither the Jazz or Grizzlies seem like they have enough firepower over 7 game series with other great teams.

The Rockets could put it together, though could also lose playoff series against any of the other 6 top 7 teams.

The Clippers, if 100% healthy, should be the obvious #3 team.

17. what

what Member

Offensively the Grizz would have to play a level or two above themselves to win against the Warriors. The question is can they get there.

The grizzlies have been as high as 13th in offensive efficiency. The year they played the Warriors. This year they are20th but they have been improving the healthier they get. So we will see.

18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with Chuck. The Grizz are also built for the playoffs. We still need to make adjustments to our roster. If we can do a few tweaks and beef up the front court the Rockets will be great. Until then we are just a good team.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It doesn't matter though. History shows us that beating teams in the regular season doesn't matter. The Kings beat the Warriors, doesn't mean that if they get 8th seed they have even a shot at beating them.

The regular season has a lot of variables that the playoffs don't have. How tired the team may be, if they have played 3 games in 4 nights, 4 games in 5 nights, if they are just coming from Toronto, who was hurt. Also regular season games are often not gameplanned for. Remember Popovic when he said the only player he gameplans for in the regular season is Harden? Point is, playoffs are a different beast.

I agree that the Grizzlies will be a tough out for anyone that plays them though, but until proven otherwise the Rockets are the 3rd seed.

20. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Ahh it's settled. Pack it up guys. Chuck says they are 3rd best so we should just go ahead and mail it in. He's the BEST EVER at predicting and team analysis.

Sad we even have to have a wins and losses column, when it should just be decided by Chuck at the end of year regardless of record.