1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chuck Hayes' new commercial in china

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bob718, Aug 1, 2007.

1. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

"To Li Ning, Mr. Jones's career seemed to fit its "anything is possible" slogan. It offered him the kind of shoe deal that Mr. Jones concedes would be nearly impossible for him to get from the likes of Nike or Adidas. The contract pays Mr. Jones an annual salary of between $200,000 and $300,000, and offers bonuses tied to personal and team performance, according to people familiar with the deal. That's small change compared with the $100 million that Nike agreed to pay Mr. James over seven years. But for many NBA players, a sneaker endorsement often means free gear and minimal money."

source from Damon Jones website

2. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Thanks, now that I see that I remember it being on during some of the games last season as well. :)

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Fisticuffs, that you?

4. tracyyao01

tracyyao01 Member

Francis is for sure gonna do a commercial in China if he stays as a rocket next season.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Damon Jones gets $200K to 300K a year from shoe deal?

I wonder how much Chuck gets.

6. abundance

abundance Member

It's pretty much guaranteed that Chuck would not get another chinese shoe contract, if he left the team. Chuck's shoe contract with Li Ning expires this year. Li Ning structured the shoe contract to coincide with his free agency.

Shane Battier's NBA contract expires in 2010. China Peak Group gave a Battier a 3-yr shoe contract that expires the summer of 2010. Battier's contract was structured to coincide with his free agency.

7. Hayesfan

Actually I checked the press release earlier today. Chuck's contract was actually a two year deal.

here's the press from Li Ning from last December.

http://www.lining.com/EN/press/inside-3_1_22.html

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

"Three of the strongest players," huh?

Chuck, Shaq, Damon Jones

Which one of these items are different from the others?

9. abundance

abundance Member

Hayesfan,

Argh, I was going off an old press release. Thanks, man. I am sure Chuck and his agent have spoken to Li Ning about the possiblity of a new shoe contract, if the Rockets didn't sign him.

10. Hayesfan

I actually thought it was a one year deal too, then someone asked me to find the press release and I saw it was a two year :)

11. tracyyao01

tracyyao01 Member

do any of you guys think that Francis will be getting a shoe contract from china soon?

I think that he will, easily he'll probably be the highest paid guy there.

12. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

I kinda do, kinda don't. I'm sure Chinese basketballers would like him because of he's not tall, but he doesn't do as much flashy stuff either. But who am I kidding, Shane Battier and Chuck Hayes are rockin' it up with endorsements there.

13. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Oh the perks of being associated with yao. :D

14. abundance

abundance Member

Li Ning's website says they also sponsor the Argentina National Team. Ginobili wears Li Ning during Argentina National Team contests.

;)

Luis Scola will be the next Rocket player to have a chinese shoe contract!

15. hnjjz

hnjjz Member

These commercials are actually pretty cool

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I hope we keep Chuck. Which Rockets players currently have endorsements in China?